Ahhhh!!!!

theodyssey

Best Album of the Year
Dec 13, 2002
Olympia, WA
Visit site
I found this comment on Blabbermouth.net under the review for "the odyssey"... someone obviously was too drunk to remember anything. Take a look:

"I saw Symphony X live with Blind Guardian the other night, and they came across to me as nothing more than a wannabe prog metal band. The sound was horrible and the riffs and singing so contrived and overdone I wanted to throw up. And the guitarist needs to learn how to do something other than fingertapping--which any amateur guitarist can do--and try coming up with some more creative riffs. The bass, keys and drums were so basic and boring they might as well not even be there. Perhaps the album sounds good (I don't know, I haven't heard it) but live they are disappointing. Before the show, when I asked what they sounded like, a few fans said they were like Dream Theater on crack. Hahahahahahaaahaaahahhahahahahah!!!!! Those people obviously haven't heard DT, because they have 5 times as much talent and creativity as Symphony X does. Period.

Blind Guardian, on the other hand--blew Symphony X away and gave me my money's worth."

I can't believe he wrote that stuff.... Russ and romeo are amazing musicians and lepond, rullo and pinella are amazing... there is no way anyone could say any musicians in this band are anything less than spectacular!

It's true that the internet provides annonymity (for the most part) and many people feel free to be just as rude and obnoxious as possible. People like that should probably just be ignored. Despite them however, the internet is one of the greatest things ever invented. :) I know things are better elsewhere, but here in the states, I wouldn't ever have heard of Symphony X were it not for the net. In fact, I probably would think that metal was totally dead and there was no good new music being made at all!

blabbermouth.net site (IMO) has no class. I don't like it. Doesn't surprise me that they would even publish something so damn stupid. C'mon, I'm sure EVERY SymX fan has heard DT.

blah blah blah...forget about it.
:yuk:

What a fucking joke :lol: the keys basic? :lol: that guy wouldn't be able to play Fallen on keys even if his life depended on it:lol:

oh and this Icon is to the guy that wrote that :puke:

Originally posted by Pharoah
blabbermouth.net site (IMO) has no class. I don't like it. Doesn't surprise me that they would even publish something so damn stupid. C'mon, I'm sure EVERY SymX fan has heard DT.

blah blah blah...forget about it.
:yuk:

I agree with your assessment of Blabbermouth. I check it every day for metal news... but I am constantly astounded by the stupidity and vile hatred of those who place comments under each article.

Originally posted by BastrdDrmr
:mad: :mad: that made me pissed off just reading that!!!!!!!!! Whenever Petrucci decides to learn how to sweep and do it LIVE without fucking up then he can start talking shit.

Why are you getting mad at Petrucci??...BastrdDrmr Petrucci may have screwed up the sweep in Fatal Tradgedy before but I assure you he did it perfectly in Toronto. Along with the Scarred sweeps...perfectly!

I think Symphony X and DT are on the same plane (the top) more or less...both bands have faults and neither should be compared!

Originally posted by mark_bwaite
Why are you getting mad at Petrucci??...BastrdDrmr Petrucci may have screwed up the sweep in Fatal Tradgedy before but I assure you he did it perfectly in Toronto. Along with the Scarred sweeps...perfectly!

I think Symphony X and DT are on the same plane (the top) more or less...both bands have faults and neither should be compared!

Buddy he's not mad at Petrucci :lol: he's mad at the guy that wrote that review (or whatever) :puke:

1. This guy sucks.
2. You must not blame him for it. Don't forget ,that you are fans of SX, and he've heard them probably for the first time.
3. Petrucci is excelent but boring. I don't like his music, but I respect his skills. As they say (our people say) for every goods there is a buyer
4. I've heard Blind Guardian , you cannot even compare them to SX. They are poor.
5. Everything above is just my point of view.
:)

_1651592_home_alone150.jpg

Blind Guardian is not poor. They fucking kick ass. Symphony X kicks ass as well. The bands that suck and are poor are the bands that appear on MTV and VH1. Bands like Papa Roach, who make million of dollars, are just awful, especially when perfomring live.

Originally posted by alexofbodom
Blind Guardian is not poor. They fucking kick ass. Symphony X kicks ass as well. The bands that suck and are poor are the bands that appear on MTV and VH1. Bands like Papa Roach, who make million of dollars, are just awful, especially when perfomring live.

True... as much as I dislike Blind Guardian... they are still better than Papa Roach. MTV is the real enemy.