Albums currently kicking your ass

0004168802_10.jpg

Incantation - Diabolical Conquest

Lacks the cavernous production of Onward to Golgotha, but makes up for it with slightly better songwriting imo.

Mortal Throne is overrated as fuck. The two Incantation albums that interest me in any capacity are the debut and Diabolical Conquest. Immolation is better just based on the dissonant and evil as fuck riffing patterns.

I think the problem is that you could take most Incantation albums and switch the titles and I couldn't tell you if the album title was incorrect. They all sound too similar to each other

Incantation is one of the greatest death metal bands ever, probably the best and Immolation can't fucking compare with too many clunker albums.

Diabolical Conquest is my favorite, Corchado lets his presence be known, then Mortal Throne and Onward then pulling up the rear Vanquish and Dirges. The others are listenable but not really on my radar.

Ha, don't worry your current avatar was mine for years. I just find The Chasm a little harder to listen to personally. Still they're probably in my top three with Autopsy and Incantation.

Reactions: Phylactery
I don't know. You've said you don't like Incantation that much, so saying you think The Chasm is better doesn't really say much about how you rate them.

Well considering 5 years ago I didn't like the band and now I do, you're wrong

I think your misinterpreted what I was trying to say. I wasn't saying you didn't like them, but saying you prefer them to a band that you've said you don't rate too highly doesn't say a lot about how much you like The Chasm. They do seem to be loved by everyone around here though, I've only seen HamburgerBoy explicitly say he doesn't like them.