Albums currently kicking your ass

Would you mind posting a few of your favourite tracks from newer Amorphis and I'll give them another shot?

No because I know you're going to have a bad opinion of them. I'd rather you do it by yourself.

It's pretty much SOP for me to post things that people are like 'ZOMG POST DA THEENGS YOU LIEK FROM A BAND THAT NO ONE CARED ABOUT PAST THE DEBUT' and I post something and you're all 'LAWL DIS IS CRAP'

Reactions: Internally Deformed
No because I know you're going to have a bad opinion of them. I'd rather you do it by yourself.

It's pretty much SOP for me to post things that people are like 'ZOMG POST DA THEENGS YOU LIEK FROM A BAND THAT NO ONE CARED ABOUT PAST THE DEBUT' and I post something and you're all 'LAWL DIS IS CRAP'

I don't know. He seemed pretty genuine about it.

Not sure why I'd bother asking for links if I was just going to shit on them without giving them a chance. I haven't listened to their post-Karelian Isthmus stuff in a long time, except one song from Tuonela that was in one of the Mixtape games. They have a rather large discography and that might not be representative of everything they've done recently. Eh, whatevs.

Then again, this is GMD, where some people think you have ulterior motives for disliking some albums other than, you know, actually not liking it. As if people just deny themselves new music this way. I'm pretty sure they'd prefer to like almost everything they hear because then they'd have more stuff to listen to.

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG
Not sure why I'd bother asking for links if I was just going to shit on them without giving them a chance. I haven't listened to their post-Karelian Isthmus stuff in a long time, except one song from Tuonela that was in one of the Mixtape games. They have a rather large discography and that might not be representative of everything they've done recently. Eh, whatevs.

Then again, this is GMD, where some people think you have ulterior motives for disliking some albums other than, you know, actually not liking it. As if people just deny themselves new music this way. I'm pretty sure they'd prefer to like almost everything they hear because then they'd have more stuff to listen to.

Give me a few days to give you some links. You are right that they have a large catalog and I need to go through it. Mid era is kinda 'meh' but they found their sound on the later albums.

Reactions: Phylactery
I don't like any post-Tales Amorphis either simply because it's not their early, amazing as fuck Finnish death metal. I just don't like the style of their other stuff. It's not Amorphis for me.