Albums currently kicking your ass

20841.jpg

Excruciate

338601.jpg

Obsidian Tongue. Atmospheric black metal greatness.

They’re not discussed that much tbh.

Maybe not recently, but for a spell they were getting talked up quite a bit, and everyone who is incrowd will tend to dutifully put them in their top 10s. They do seem consistent, but I've never been able to finish more than a song or two from any given album.

What is your ranking then? I don’t see you mention Conjuration much so I’ve no idea where you’d put that one.

Something like From the Lost Years > Deathcult for Eternity > The Spell of Retribution > Procession to the Infraworld > Farseeing the Paranormal Abysm > Conjuration of the Spectral Empire > A Conscious Creation From the Isolated Domain: Phase 1 > Procreation of the Inner Temple

...but it's almost pointless to rank them because basically any of them aside from the last two on that list could be my favorite Chasm album on any given day. Have you listened to Acerus any? The latest Acerus is a lot better than the latest Chasm imo.

Reactions: Phylactery
Didn't know you were so huge on From the Lost Years!

Have you heard the version of The Gravefields from the Reaching the Veil of Death EP?

I have listened to tracks from both Acerus albums on a few occasions. Pretty decent but not really my style. I'll give them another shot, though.