Albums currently kicking your ass

hqdefault.jpg

Darkspace - Dark Space III

Needs to be on more 2008 lists. They pull off their admittedly extremely singular vision superbly. This is the only release of theirs I really bother with. Those chunky, crushing riffs are awesome.

hqdefault.jpg

Needs to be on more 2008 lists. They pull off their admittedly extremely singular vision superbly. This is the only release of theirs I really bother with. Those chunky, crushing riffs are awesome.
I like small doses of it, but I get really bored listening to a full length.

51x7RB6gwML._SS500.jpg

Mar de Grises

hqdefault.jpg

I like the first two albums pretty well. The fourth album is also good aside from the weird space black metal techno rave song that totally shatters the mood.

I like the first two albums pretty well. The fourth album is also good aside from the weird space black metal techno rave song that totally shatters the mood.

I like the first two as well, but the third seems to take all the best elements from those and synthesises them to create what is imo their best work.

I haven’t heard the 4th one at all actually. I should check that one out. Which is it most comparable to? The song you mentioned sounds absolutely hilarious, though.

I’d really like to see Darkspace live, I imagine their shows are quite the experience.

The first three Darkspace albums are great. I havent listened to III I as much as I should. I remember it being delayed when it came out and I pretty much forgot about even ordering it. Avantgarde music made it up to me by sending me 3 copies of the numbered digipak. (but only one set of the picture cards sadly) I'm not sure how sending me 3 out of 500 of the pressing helped anything actually. I should probably sell the spares.

I haven't listened to this for a very long time, but I gave it a lot of spins when it came out, also because the style of vocals on this album somehow reminded me of Dawn Crosby (R.I.P.) - my favourite singer way back then -, though the musical direction on this album is, of course, very different from Détente and Fear of God.

I haven't listened to this for a very long time, but I gave it a lot of spins when it came out, also because the style of vocals on this album somehow reminded me of Dawn Crosby (R.I.P.) - my favourite singer way back then -, though the musical direction on this album is, of course, very different from Détente and Fear of God.
Didn't know about Fear of God so I'll give their first album a shot. Détente is cool.

Reactions: Burkhard
In a rare DM exploration mood. Still not much that differentiates most DM bands on my taste palette, but the shredding on this one keeps me a bit more entertained:

54354.jpg

Reactions: zerostatic