Albums currently kicking your ass

51BwSMBTa%2BL.jpg

Fear of God - Within the Veil

Didn't know about Fear of God so I'll give their first album a shot. Détente is cool.
I'm curious what you think of it. Since you also like Détente, are you familiar with Sacrilege's "Behind the Realms of Madness"? Even though I like "Recongize No Authority" better (not only, but also because of the guitar solos), I think that vocals- and music-wise, both albums are very similar and I wouldn't mind hearing more albums in the same vein.

I'm curious what you think of it. Since you also like Détente, are you familiar with Sacrilege's "Behind the Realms of Madness"? Even though I like "Recongize No Authority" better (not only, but also because of the guitar solos), I think that vocals- and music-wise, both albums are very similar and I wouldn't mind hearing more albums in the same vein.
Just gave that Sacrilege album a listen, fun stuff! Nothing similar comes to mind immediately but I'll let you know should I stumble upon an album of its ilk.

Reactions: Burkhard
34015_img.jpg

Been bingeing Alestorm while I float in the pool this week. Best line on this album is in the song, Scraping the Barrel. "You may think you've heard all this music before, that Running Wild did it back in 84" :lol:

Reactions: Slammed
34015_img.jpg

Been bingeing Alestorm while I float in the pool this week. Best line on this album is in the song, Scraping the Barrel. "You may think you've heard all this music before, that Running Wild did it back in 84" :lol:

I was always amused by that line. I don't mind a band that can take the piss out of themselves better than their haters can.

Is that your favorite Manticora? Not really crazy about the ones I know.
Good question. Hyperion, Darkness With Tales to Tell and this are my top three and the ones I tend to listen to fairly often. Which ones are you familiar with. If you haven't heard this one though, I'd encourage giving it a try.