Albums currently kicking your ass

I wasn't huge on it personally, but I only listened to it once. Probably just me though, because I have liked every album from them less and less since The Halo of Burning Wings, which is easily my favourite album of theirs.

For sure In the Shadow of Doom is one of the best of the year. Just got done with it again not to long ago as a matter of fact. Best album cover of the year, too, using the Grimshaw.

45564.jpg

a2906434098_10.jpg

not sure there's enough metal on here for it to be list-eligible, but you won't find many better '70s hard rock albums from the 2010s. they cite priest, winterhawk, camel and wishbone ash as influences. was released by high roller, so you know it's good.

Reactions: CiG
734074.jpg

Sorcier Des Glaces. Really impressed with this one. Enjoyed the flow for the 50 minute duration. Seamless, really.

91CVmsKDzuL._SS500_.jpg

Kauan Sorni Nai. The SDG album made me throw this one on because although it is split up into multiple tracks, it really is just one long song. A melodic journey which isn't afraid to be harsh when it has to. Highly recommended telling of a harrowing tale.

Reactions: Phylactery
8739.jpg

Unholy - The Second Ring of Power
One of the greatest, most creative albums ever.

724813.jpg

This is my top album of 2018. It epitomizes everything I love about metal. Everything about it is massive. Nicklas Rudolfsson's beastly growls and background howls. The mammoth riffs, the dinosauric grooves. Daniel Moilanen swings like a motherfucker and Emma Rudolfsson drives a hard rhythm. All balls. Hails.

One of the greatest, most creative albums ever.

724813.jpg

This is my top album of 2018. It epitomizes everything I love about metal. Everything about it is massive. Nicklas Rudolfsson's beastly growls and background howls. The mammoth riffs, the dinosauric grooves. Daniel Moilanen swings like a motherfucker and Emma Rudolfsson drives a hard rhythm. All balls. Hails.

On my short list of stuff to listen to before finalufina my 2018 list. Lots of folks with good taste have mentioned this so we'll see!