Albums currently kicking your ass

One band that truly never had a bad release

If I had a gripe about any of their albums it'd be The Origin of the Feces. Slow, Deep and Hard is one of my favorites (I'll admit I've just bought several of their other albums so I'm not an expert yet) but OotF is just a worse version of that album. I get WHY they did it and its kinda comical in spots but I dont see why I need to listen to that particular album more than once.

Reactions: The Ozzman
If I had a gripe about any of their albums it'd be The Origin of the Feces. Slow, Deep and Hard is one of my favorites (I'll admit I've just bought several of their other albums so I'm not an expert yet) but OotF is just a worse version of that album. I get WHY they did it and its kinda comical in spots but I dont see why I need to listen to that particular album more than once.

I don't count OotF because, you're right, it's just a re-recording of the debut.

Check out October Rust and World Coming Down first. Not sure which ones you bought at this point but those are my favorites other than SD&H.

I don't count OotF because, you're right, it's just a re-recording of the debut.

Check out October Rust and World Coming Down first. Not sure which ones you bought at this point but those are my favorites other than SD&H.

I think I have everything now in hand, except World Coming Down, which I just bought from a guy on discogs. Will get on that though.

ripped.jpg

Ripped to Shreds

Reactions: Phylactery

4 songs are rearrangements from the debut, the rest is new and a cover. I think it rules personally and worth it for "Are You Afraid?" alone.

Reactions: dwellerINTHEdark
709948.jpg

Reactions: zerostatic
^ Now that was a disappointment of 2018. Orange Goblin are a great band but that album was a real miss for me.

Maybe I'm just an old school OG fan, I like the days of Coupe De Grace and Time Travelling Blues and the Wolf just didn't reach the same levels for me.

Reactions: CiG
I liked that new Orange Goblin album but I didnt think it was super amazing or anything. From Time Traveling Blues through The Big Black and Coupe De Grace theyre one of the best (non-doom hybrid) stoner metal that just fucking rocks and doesnt worry about being psych.

Reactions: CiG