Albums currently kicking your ass

e442b1f173dcf5d557b21cea52d46c72_full.jpg

This is what Soilwork should sound like these days...What a kick ass album, I wasn't impressed after the first song but everything else kicks ass. They do this sound better than Scar Symmetry.

I'm sorry but I thought it was the first two albums they put out were the "good" ones. And why would anyone want to sound like Scar Symmetry unless there needs to be more swedish Gaylodeath metal that sucks these days.

I swear there is nothing more retarded and irritating than all these wannabe copy cat swedish melodic/melo death metal bands IMO... Not that Scar Symmetry is retarded, they're meh... But I mean in general.

I swear there is nothing more retarded and irritating than all these wannabe copy cat swedish melodic/melo death metal bands IMO... Not that Scar Symmetry is retarded, they're meh... But I mean in general.

Ultra flowery power metal is much more annoying. Or deathcore, or most nu metal, etc.

I wouldn't go far to say power metal is more annnoying (Theres plenty of fine power metal). I haven't heard much good Deathcore so perhaps... I'll agree with you there on Nu Metal though.

Sorry let me be more "descriptive" I literally meant to say gothenburg. But really I'm not going to single out any bands. You know what I mean. Lets just say the older stuff, more so the classics were good and theres a couple gems here and there. But as a "whole" well... yea you know. I'm just repeating myself if I keep going on.

I swear there is nothing more retarded and irritating than all these wannabe copy cat swedish melodic/melo death metal bands IMO...

I think this is happening alot in all kinds of metal genres\scenes, not just the melodeath one...
Its much more annoying and irritating to hear modern metal bands trying to sound old school and fail so hard. Like Municipal Waste who thinks they are the kings of modern "old school sounding" thrash metal nowadays. I dont think there is a worse example of a shittier crossover thrash band out there.

But on topic:
scar-symmetry.jpg

Guess im one of the few that picks this one over Disarmonia Mundis "The Isolation Game", which also is one amazing album, but I dont think all the songs stands out on that album. On "Dark Matter Dimensions" all the songs are awsome sounding and every song got those magic moments. Also love that they are more progressive sounding then ever. The new vocalists are also awsome, they fits the band much better then Christian Älvestam did.

Uhhhhhhhhh no.

No one can replace christian, there is no one like him out there. They had to replace him with TWO guys, who aren't even as good combined. have you seen recent live footage? its fucking HORRIBLE.

that being said dark matter dimensions is a pretty decent album, holographic universe is still their best though

I still cant stand Scar Symmetry... the constant transitioning vocals in holographic universe annoy the hell out of me.

Iron_Maiden_Powerslave_Egyptian_pyramid_album_cover.jpg

Love this album... have for quite a while now. The first ten minutes of it are pretty unmatchable.

I agree Powerslave is probably their third best album, BNW being the best, and barely edged out by Killers for second.

Serenity+-+Words+Untold+&+Dreams+Unlived+%282007%29.jpg

Kicks my ass every time.