Albums currently kicking your ass

268718.jpg

One of the best 'new' black/folk bands. Even if it has a good share of Falkenbach and Windir thrown, it kick ass.

That album is great, definitely one of my favorite contemporary folk efforts.

Not an album, but then the notion of the album as pre-eminent musical format is a rockist construction anyway, so...

2hedp8o.jpg

Maurizio - M4. The A side is probably my favorite minimal electronic piece ever.

^wat

I've only got round to listening to this properly today:

overkill-ironbound-2009.jpg

Very impressive, nice old school feel but the tracks have a lot of depth and variation too. Long live overkill!

^THIS...even though I personally prefer Paegan Terrorism Tactics. Both are God-like though

COVER.jpg

This sure isnt gonna change anyone's mind that doesnt like deathcore... but this is such a vast improvement over this band's other material, I can hardly believe it.

They even dumped the emo lyrics for satan. :lol:

Listening to Cathedral - The Carnival Bizarre for the first time and thinking "this some fucking good heavy metal". I'm definitely going to hunt down "The Ethereal Mirror" next. All I was familiar with before this was a couple of the newer albums (forgot which ones) and Forest of Equilibrium, which is epic, but now I'm wondering: are there many Cathedral albums of this quality? If so, which ones?

B001CFLHCW.jpg

cvr.jpg

I've been on a thrash CD buying spree lately and this piece of awesomeness just came in the post today, one of my favourite thrash records of recent times :kickass: