Albums currently kicking your ass

Just got into this band after hearing they're replacing D666 at MDF.

Nunslaughter---Hell%27s-Unholy-Fire.jpg

Yeah i heard that too...make sure to checkout 'Goat' and 'Hex' also.I met Don of the dead here in Australia,mind you I think he was drawn to me by the waves of sweat pouring from me on account of how off my guts I was...Nunslaughter fkn rule!!

Why do you feel the need to comment on my music taste, mike? You've always had a taste for the more traditional bands and I prefer progressive music. We disagree on all but like ten albums. You're cool as hell and I don't have beef with you or anything, but you tend to leave me scratching my head.

I can see how it would confuse someone, but for some reason the ape-ish polyrhythms work very well with the otherworldly atmospheres. I would compare its strange synergy to the atmosphere of portal, as their fast, shredding guitar work is the last thing you'd expect to build atmosphere. But it works.

Sad they decided to use the stupid term "djent" on that kind of music. Why not just call is "new wave of progressive metal" or something more appealing. Well at least they didnt call it huggahmesh or deathprog.
worC has some descent stuff for sure.

septic_flesh-mystic_places_of_dawn-front.jpg

Kicks all ass.