Albums currently kicking your ass

Vattnet Viskar - Sky Swallower

Post black metal with doom vignettes. Sounds like a typical genre mash, but the completeness of all the elements sets this band apart. The post rock sounds like Caspian, the black metal like Ash Borer or Imperium Dekadenz (well-produced), and the doom like Eagle Twin or Conan. It's immense, impressive, and just altogether an enjoyable listen.

This thread needs more good shit and less gay shit. Hence:

trouble-psalm-9.jpg

Hell yeah dude. ItCoS is one of Denver's finest. Their guitarist Grant is one of the most supportive dudes in the scene too, I see him at a handful of shows every month.

And their drummer Jordan played with us at our first show as Dreadnought :) His other bands Royal Talons and WHILT are also exceptional.

Oh shit they are from Denver! Ha what a small community! I just discovered them on bandcamp and immediately bought that album. I'll have to check Royal Talons and WHILT out, especially if it's anything like ItCoS. Incredible band sounds like they would be awesome live too. :kickass:

Vattnet Viskar - Sky Swallower

Post black metal with doom vignettes. Sounds like a typical genre mash, but the completeness of all the elements sets this band apart. The post rock sounds like Caspian, the black metal like Ash Borer or Imperium Dekadenz (well-produced), and the doom like Eagle Twin or Conan. It's immense, impressive, and just altogether an enjoyable listen.

I heard no resemblance to any of the bands you mentioned. :erk:

Oh shit they are from Denver! Ha what a small community! I just discovered them on bandcamp and immediately bought that album. I'll have to check Royal Talons and WHILT out, especially if it's anything like ItCoS. Incredible band sounds like they would be awesome live too. :kickass:

Oh yeah, totally massive. They are a wall of sound, that pair.

Start here for Royal Talons:

I might be applying to UC-Boulder for a Ph.D program. We can buttfuck each other on a weekly basis if I get accepted and decide to go there.

Fuck yeah, dude. I'm in Boulder with my girlfriend all the time and know a lot of the good spots. I smell a buttfuckin around the corner.

I heard no resemblance to any of the bands you mentioned. :erk:

How many tracks did you listen to?

There seems to be a lot of dissonance amongst the Holy Trinity here lately man :(

Last edited by a moderator:
How many tracks did you listen to?

There seems to be a lot of dissonance amongst the Holy Trinity here lately man :(

It'll come back don't worry.

I listened to the whole album. The guys vocals rubbed me the wrong way from the first minute I heard em, in a way that Agalloch did, but musically Agalloch makes up for it tenfold. These guys didn't...When the dude would shut up, I could get into it, there were some pretty good riffs throughout but then it's abruptly stopped by some out of place melodic interlude, messin up my groove n shit. Just seemed forced and not a natural progression.

I think I just walked into it with really high expectations.

IMG_0481.jpg

I also listened to this, the re-recorded version:

mTMeuwX.jpg

and it's just not the same. The raw guitar sound is gone, it seems a bit slower and Erik AK's aged vocals are sounding it. Give me the original any day.