Albums currently kicking your ass

Shok-Paris-Go-for-the-Throat.png

Went a long time only having heard Steel & Starlight, this is just my second or third listen but I really should have given this one a chance sooner. Really strong melodic metal, honestly sounds a bit before its time for 1984, a nice synthesis of Ratt, Queensryche, and Maiden all in one and I'm not sure how connected they were with the first two considering their location in Ohio.

Reactions: Omni
Oh there's no pretending here, mein freund

2 metal related news websites and a Google search earlier this morning yielded nothing. I had to hear about it from others on Facebook. Some legend I guess. At least when Vinnie Paul died it was all over the place but people here argue he isn't anywhere close to being a legend.

If Halford, Dickinson or any of the other big frontmen died, yes, a legend would be lost. It's arguable Mark Shelton did anything to influence metal as a whole.

It was considered significant enough that NPR covered it. I'm not sure what universe you live in if you couldn't find the articles on various metal sites about it either.

I think that Manilla Road's influence on metal is exaggerated by some fans but it obviously exists. Speaking of Pantera members, Phil Anselmo even said that The Deluge has been one of his biggest inspirations as a musician.

Reactions: CiG
I'm very picky and won't listen to just anything. I've heard everything done out there and enough to know what my preferred taste in metal is. So the album that has kicked my ass in the recent year is Vuur - In this moment we are free -- Cities.
Press_Cover_01-500x500.jpg
This album is not going to disappoint anyone who loves heavy, original progressive metal, with outstanding vocals. This album kicks some serious ass! Best I've heard in quite some time.

a2929437566_16.jpg

Resurrecting from my grave to post this album in memory of Don Millard.

RIP my blunt jungle friend.

P.S. Whats good my old UM community? Good to see some familiar names still rolling around these parts.

Oh man, where have you been? You were one of my favourite interlocutors back in the day. Good to see you back.