Albums currently kicking your ass

a0512198264_10.jpg

749663.png

Very satisfied with this. As others have pointed out, it's more in line with the last few albums rather than the second coming of Epicus, and that's perfectly fine seeing as I don't think they've ever put out a bad album. Johan's voice has aged like a fine wine and Iommi's guest solo feels like an organic part of the song and not just a tacked on, token guest appearance.

Reactions: Thobol and CiG
Put death metal,and the forum, and a lot of other things, down outside a few old favorites for several years. Just the last few weeks or so been hitting the essentials hard. \m/

Attachments

• 81JebIqy-oL._SX355_.jpg
    81JebIqy-oL._SX355_.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
322.jpg

This was the first metal album that I bought from a band not in the big 4. I'm not regularly a mosh pit guy at shows, but I jumped into the pit back in 2015 during Arise and Refuse-Resist. I did well into some behemoth slammed into me and then I got elbowed in the head. Good times for sure, but I really wish I could go back and see Sepultura when they were in their prime between 87 and 91.

upload_2019-3-19_7-25-33.jpeg

Sorathian Dawn - Sun of the Deep

Listened to this like 4 times in the past 2 weeks. Best thing I’ve heard so far this year. Newer melodic death/black done right. First track especially is a killer!

Reactions: Psilociraptor
322.jpg

This was the first metal album that I bought from a band not in the big 4. I'm not regularly a mosh pit guy at shows, but I jumped into the pit back in 2015 during Arise and Refuse-Resist. I did well into some behemoth slammed into me and then I got elbowed in the head. Good times for sure, but I really wish I could go back and see Sepultura when they were in their prime between 87 and 91.

I saw them at Festival Hall Melbourne, July the 3rd 1992 on a leg of their Arise Tour - this gig - set list below. I don't actualkly recall a heck of a lot of the gig, but l remember the whole day and occassion as an awesome experience. i think i was 16 and l wore these flares with texter/marker pen scrawls all over them. Like the Deicide triple upsidedown cross thingy and flowers
I had a massive crush on Sepultura from around 88 to 92. Didn't really like Arise after a short while, or Chaos AD and l had to unfriend them. BTR totally destroyed as it was much more primative in sound and feel compared to all the Morrisound, Brit and Swed at the time l thought. l absolutely love that album. The same day l heard BTR for the first time and bought it, l also discovered the album of my avatar (one of my fav bands ever) and Nitro - O.F.R - look it up heehee
But Schitzophrenia is their best work l think.

1. The Feeling Begins
    (Peter Gabriel song)
  2. Arise
  3. Inner Self
  4. Desperate Cry
  5. Mass Hypnosis
  6. Troops of Doom
  7. Crucifixion
  8. Murder
  9. Propaganda
  10. Subtraction
  11. Altered State
  12. Under Siege (Regnum Irae)
  13. Escape to the Void / R.I.P. (Rest In Pain)
  14. Slaves of Pain
  15. Drug Me
    (Dead Kennedys cover)

Hey man, I'm seeing this album everywhere. Is it as bad ass as the album art?

20BuckSpin seems to have several pretty cool death metal albums out right now. I've been hoping for a sale.

I like it a lot! Death/Doom- more melodic than most and has a very slight psych element. Still quite heavy though.