Albums like Deconstruction?

Jun 14, 2009
Since we're all metallers here, I figured I'd ask you guys.
I really fucking dig DTP-Deconstruction. It's so over the top and awesome.
Anyone got any albums like it?

Why does everyone always use band acronyms? Just had to google search to figure out who the hell you were talking about. Please people, I always read on here about band/ albums that I want to or should check out, but have to google/ wikipedia around all these acronyms. Devin Townsend Project!

Sorry, it's just that I only know what the hell anyone is talking about like 20% of the time with those. You could save me 2 minutes by typing it out in ten seconds...

ANYWHO, love Devin Townsend, I'll check this out and report back if I think of anything....

Every of his albums sounds different and he has a unique approach in music and mixing so I can't think of any other album like this one, you may check his whole discography including strapping young lad, some of them are quite dense as well.

Nothing sounds like Deconstruction. Was listening to that album yesterday. Symphonies will be playing some of those tracks 200 years from now. Absolutely incredible.

True.
What I mean, however, is albums that are a complete cacophony of sound, while still being intelligible like Decon.

...if that makes any sense :hotjump::hotjump::hotjump:

I don't think deconstruction is even in the top 5 devin albums personally...

Ocean Machine
Terria
Accelerated Evolution
Infinity
City (SYL)
Alien (SYL)

I prefer all the above to deconstruction by some margin, so check them out if you haven't already.

I don't think deconstruction is even in the top 5 devin albums personally...

Ocean Machine
Terria
Accelerated Evolution
Infinity
City (SYL)
Alien (SYL)

I prefer all the above to deconstruction by some margin, so check them out if you haven't already.

This, plus Synchestra which is underrated. It has "Triumph", one of the most wonderful song of our whole era, and all the other songs are good. Even the hidden song in the end is awesome in its way when you give it a try, passed the initial "wtf is this shit" experience

This, plus Synchestra which is underrated. It has "Triumph", one of the most wonderful song of our whole era, and all the other songs are good. Even the hidden song in the end is awesome in its way when you give it a try, passed the initial "wtf is this shit" experience

Half of the album is good the other half becomes boring but I agree about the song Triumph and dont forget Gaia.