Albums that NEED re-issues

Desultory - Into Eternity

Pathos Productions was selling that on tape as recently as two years ago for like $4, although they don't seem to carry it anymore. I've seen random shops here and there with it on tape as well, so finding it may not be completely out of the question. Don't think I've ever seen it in CD form though.

Pathos Productions was selling that on tape as recently as two years ago for like $4, although they don't seem to carry it anymore. I've seen random shops here and there with it on tape as well, so finding it may not be completely out of the question. Don't think I've ever seen it in CD form though.

First link when you type Desultory Into Eternity in google...

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Into-Eternity-Desultory/dp/B000008F0M[/ame]

I paid even less then that for this album. It really isn't hard to find a cd copy of this album.

First link when you type Desultory Into Eternity in google...

http://www.amazon.com/Into-Eternity-Desultory/dp/B000008F0M

I paid even less then that for this album. It really isn't hard to find a cd copy of this album.

Or that too. There's actually a lot of decent death metal to found from that time period that's both somewhat rare and reasonably priced. Bands like them who were signed to bigger labels and got lost in the shuffle and ignored enough that the labels stopped bothering to repress their albums. (As opposed to something like Slumber of Sullen Eyes that was initially released by a smaller label whose pressings were probably smaller in the first place)

Indeed there is...I recently bought originals of Solstice Of Oppression, Dark Recollections and Viogression's Expound And Exhort on Amazon for like less than 25 bucks total...

Yeah, it is. Sounds fucking awesome. However, I remember downloading the re-release a year or two ago which had some bonus demo songs that sounded like a heavier Beherit playing Carnage tunes or something...so insanely brutal.

Yeah, I have the re-issue and the demos rule. Probably some of the best demos of any death metal band, actually.

I thought the original was only released as a split with the first Cadaver album.

I thought the original was only released as a split with the first Cadaver album.

I guess we'll see when it comes...might actually be in a package at home but I'm in Maine 'til Saturday...but when I bought it on Amazon it said Used in Very Good condition from whenever it came out...I think 1990? But yeah it wasn't the remaster I don't think...that is from past the millennium IIRC.

M-A is confusing about it:

The original 1990 CD pressing (cat.-no. NECRO 3/4CD) was a split CD with
"Hallucinating Anxiety" from Cadaver.

The Cd re-release has the following bonus tracks:
11. Crime Against Humanity *
12. Aftermath *
13. The Day Man Lost *
14. Crime Against Humanity **
15. Aftermath **
16. The Day Man Lost **
17. Torn Apart ***
18. Infestation of Evil ***

* Taken from the "The Day Man Lost" demo.
** Rough mix from the "The Day Man Lost" demo.
*** Taken from the "Infestation of Evil" demo

I don't think the separate Dark Recollections entry on M-A is for the re-release, because it would list the bonus tracks in the normal tracklisting.