albums that turn out right

Mariner

all the way
Dec 30, 2001
Belgium
okay.
I've got this idea for a thread.
I have some albums i didnt like first, but after a lot of time they became one of my favourites... these are them:

Anathema - AFDTE (no shit)
My Dying Bride - 34.788%..... complete (thx to the mehdi boy)
The Gathering - How to Measure a Planet (thx to that nutsy greek who sweared by it that it is the best ;) )
Senser - Asylum (one of the craziest and most expirimental albums ever made)

i never had problems with AFDTE...as for the others you mention - i've tried to like them, but didn't succeed...

Well, AFDTE took a couple of listens before I fell in love with it, but I wouldn't say I disliked it at the beginning.

Now I consider it their best work- but that's just me.

Actually, with new albums from bands I love, I usually find myself working hard to adjust to the new sound... I think it's half the fun. And when it clicks, it's bliss.

Ivo said:
i never had problems with AFDTE...as for the others you mention - i've tried to like them, but didn't succeed...

you just dont have any taste...:p
I had many problems with AFDTE. I didnt really disliked it, but it didnt turn me on...... now it does :eek: :oops:

This is a very interesting thread, I have to admit.

Let's see...Albums that didn't like at first, but eventually rated as classics? Here we go (at the top of my mind):
Arcturus - La Masquerade Infernale
Yearning - Plaintive Scenes
Borknagar - Tha Archaic Course
My Dying Bride - 34.788%...Complete
Pain of Salvation - Remedy Lane(prejudices I had about Prog, but I liked it instantly)
Opeth - My Arms, Your Hearse(I was so used to MorningRise at the time I wanted another1...you understand what I mean)

this board is getting serious goddamit !

ok ...

Anathema - A4 ( no bull )

Stange i cant think of any others at the moment ... tho there are MANY of them !!

Oh yes !

keith Caputo - Died Laughing , I thought it was some crappy radio-designed pop music first but i got into it after a few weeks of listening. Now I think it's a masterpiece ...

Strangelight said:
Roger Waters- Amused To Death

hmmm, i tried it, but gave it too few listens i guess, just liked two or three songs when i first listened to it. Better give it some more tries now, after i listened more to Pink Floyd, i should give it another try.

Else were: MDB- 37,448%
The Gathering- How to measure a Planet
Anathema- AFDtE
Ulver- Perdition City
Tiamat- A Deeper Kind of Slumber (probably their best)
Paradise Lost- Host
The 3rd and the Mortal- Memoirs

that's it so far, nothing else's coming into my mind at the moment

Reactions: Mariner
Morpheus said:
Else were: MDB- 37,448%
The Gathering- How to measure a Planet
Anathema- AFDtE

:eek: you fuckin ripped me offfffff
nah its good to see people are thinking in the same way i do. its kewl. :cool:

Reactions: Morpheus
cedarbreed said:
I even used to think MDB was better than Anathema back in 1995 ...
i thought the same by that time, but you know who is the reason for this, his name starts with D.:)

albums that turn out right? let me see...

all 3 nick drake albums
all beatles albums
dark side - final cut era floyd
all sabbath albums with ozzy
faith hope love
ok computer
little earthquakes
south of heaven
loads and loads of others :err: