5 Albums that have changed your life.

Def Leppard - Hysteria - Intro into the world of hair metal which lead me into heavier stuff.
Motley Crue - Dr Feelgood - Good old Rock'n'Roll Vibe
Metallica - ...And Justice For All - Intro into Thrash
Pantera - Vulgar Display Of Power - When Metallica failed Pantera stepped on to the plate
Annihilator - Alice In Hell - Started an obsession in which I can't really explain

Katatonia: Dance of december souls - after I've heard the intro I knew this was my style. Got me into non commercial stuff like death/black.
Guns n' Roses: All records
Iron Maiden: The number of the beast and Metallica: Metallica, the two first albums i bought. This was 1992 i think. I've been a hard rocker since that year.

1) Katatonia - Brave Murder Day: This album totally owned me when I first heard it. I don't think I can ever get bored of this.
2) Dark Tranquillity - Projector: The album that got me into "melodic" death metal back in 99. Perfect.
3) Summoning - Stronghold: Majestic album, it encouraged me to re-read LotR 3 times with this as a soundtrack.
4) Emperor - Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk: My first black metal album. The atmosphere and depth of the music is incredible.
5) Taake - Nattestid Ser Porten Vid: This album made me regain my belief in Norwegian black metal. Stunning.

Hello to all, this is my first post! I'm an old metalhead as you will see...

1) Metallica - Ride the lightning, the originators and now I can't listen to them.

2) Voivod - Dimension Hatross, WAY WAY WAY beyond it's time.

3) Carnivore - Retaliation, Peter Steele kicks ass on this disc, some say racist, I say honest.

4) Opeth - My Arms Your Hearse, just love all the songs on this disc. Actually Opeth is one of my favs.

5) Katatonia - Last Fair Deal Gone Down, what can I say, an incredible album.

Hard to pick just five, I could name 500...

Katatonia - Tonights Decision - the first kat album i got...has lead to so many other bands
Emperor - Prometheus - first black metal album....
Opeth - Morningrise - just...pure beauty
Pantera - Far Beyond Driven - the first 'metal' album i ever got...
Pain of Salvation - The Perfect Element - just completely different and showed me a whole new direction

hrm, there are lots more though...