Bands or Albums you have never understood!

depeche mode has sold 100 million albums because is a GREAT BAND!!!
their albums are full of love, tragedy, deperation, happiness........the singer has a beautiful voice..........they do innovative music!!!
listen their song "home", from their album "ultra"..........:rolleyes:

SOTE=Kitiini;8228673]Okay so I thought that this would be an interessing topic for a thread.

Basically just share your opinions and thoughts about albums (or Bands) thats considered as good albums, by reviews or by your friends or whatever, but you have never gotten into them eventhough you have tried to listen it.

First of all I have to mention Tonight's Decision. It's probably the most listened katatonia album for me but its just because that I want to get into it but I have never got any huge kicks from it. I dont know what's the deal with that and Im pretty dissapointed that I cant like an album even if I wanted to since I have read so many good comments about it from forums and reviews etcc.

And then theres the band Depeche Mode, can somebody please tell me why the hell this band has sold over 100 million albums?!! I liked Rammsteins cover of Stripped but I dont find any of their albums or songs even near as good as a song should be to satisfy me. Except some pretty good songs like Enjoy The Silence and Halo.

Then theres plenty of other bands like Mastodon that I have never understood despite the many plays I have gave to its records..

Discuss..[/QUOTE]

Haha alright I'll chill out.
Can't stand BlueSky's ignorance though.

@Mary86: Actually never listened to much Depeche Mode before. Don't have a feeling either way. What's a good album to start with?

@sdob!
to start: violetor (1989-1990, you can recognize the song "personal jesus and enjoy the silence!), 101 ( 1988-it's a live album but it can offer you a retrospecive from the "first" depeche mode.......violetor is differet from the thinghs that thy do before it!)
another great album is Ultra..........very very emotionally (i love this one!!)
ciao! bye!

Best Depeche Mode albums imo:

1) Violator - It's Dramatic, melancholy, cerebral, and slightly ''symphonic''. It's also full of shaking beats and effective minimalist guitar work.

2) Songs of Faith & Devotion - Mixes different styles like industrial rock, gospel, and even something similar to chamber music very successfully. This album has the usual DM electronics combined with mystical/exotic keyboard/synth sounds. An amazing experimental album. Bleak stuff.

3) Music for the Masses - Pretty traditional DM album that represents their old style very well. Dark electro pop with epic hooks

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look them up.

OK "SONGS OF FAITH AND DEVOTION", BUT YOU LISTEN ALSO ULTRA
ULTRA IS THE ALBUM AFTER SONGS OF FAITH..........BUT IS QUITE DIFFERENT........MORE ELECTRONIC, NON GOSPEL OR EXOTIC GUITAR........
FOR ME (FOR ME!) ULTRA IS PERFECT COMBINATION OF LONELINESS-LOVE DESPERATION-ANGRY...........IT'S A POWERFUL ALBUM OF DARK ELECTRONIC-ROCK-POP........!!
BYE!!!

Cradle of Filth.... not much to say about them. Dani Filth is obnoxious, I guess you could say some of the music deserves recognition. I cannot listen to them at all. I'm not very into Dimmu Borgir either, nothing special. However, I do like Septic Flesh. They are probably the only good band in that symphonic style.

Crack the Skye is a step in the right direction. It's miles above anything they've put out previously. I think their next album will definitely be something special if they continue in the same direction. Only time will tell though, in the mean time I'll stand by Gojira, a much superior band.

I never understood why there was only one Blind Illusion album. Blind Illusion featured Larry Lalonde and Les Claypool, and it was a post-Possessed, pre-Primus thrash project. Lalonde was also a member of Primus after this album was released.

What does Gojira have to do with Mastodon?

Anyhow add Gojira to the bands I don't get the hype.

Gojira and Mastodon have similar sounds (although both are pretty unique in their own right) and both bands formed around the same time. Gojira are a band that take time to get into to be honest. They are definitely one of the most unique metal bands out today, without a doubt. I got into them with my first listen to the track "Ocean Planet." That's coming from a guitarist though, their riffs are very interesting, not to mention one of my favorite drummers in metal at the moment.

I'm not saying completely similar because both bands are very unique, but if I had to pick a band similar to Gojira I'd probably have to say Mastodon is the closest. Are there any other bands that you would say are similar to Gojira? It's tough to think of any.