Bands or Albums you have never understood!

i disagree completely. to me TGCD is like a less perfect version of VE

I'd also have to disagree on several points. They sound fairly different, but imo VE is clearly the superior of the two.

As for Coldplay, the genius is in their simplicity, and incredible understanding of melodic hooks. They're quite possibly the best pop band around right now.

I think I prefer VE as well. It offers alot more diversity in its sound as well.
As for Coldplay, their genius is in stealing melodic hooks.

I think I prefer VE as well. It offers alot more diversity in its sound as well.
As for Coldplay, their genius is in stealing melodic hooks.

As for the Joe Satch thing it has yet to be proven in a court of law. Btw it's a pretty ignorant thing to use the world steeling when talking about music. EVERYONE borrows, and most of the time it's an unconscious thing. That's how music works my friend.

In the case of Coldplay, if you had any knowledge of music theory, you can easily see it's far more than borrowing.
It's essentially the same song. Same melody, nearly the same chord progression, same tempo, same meter... do I need to say more?

In the case of Coldplay, if you had any knowledge of music theory, you can easily see it's far more than borrowing.
It's essentially the same song. Same melody, nearly the same chord progression, same tempo, same meter... do I need to say more?

The fact that you think Coldplay one of the biggest bands in the world with their seemingly endless airplay would knowingly rip off a song, and use it as a single no less shows you have zero common sense.

My point in this tread was that I wanted to see some bands that people really have tried to like but couldnt have done that.. Slipknot, Dragonforce etc metallica shit is the kind of people that some just hate and have not even listened to them that closely

I listened to some more Dragonforce a while back. It was alright, I guess, but somewhat uninteresting. Then I watched a dozen bootlegs and decided that i couldnt be bothered anymore, because it was always between pretentious and pathetic. Blind Guardian has this band with the 5 o' clock tea when it comes to live performance. As for the studio stuff.. I dunno whats so gripping about it. Fast, yeah, talented, yeah, but it has about as much substance as a low cal subway. Or something. Can't see the point at all.

Slipknot.. its a bit like Nirvana. They stand for something which has nothing to do with music. I won't argue if thats good or bad cos I think not beign american I would only talk out of my thin arse.

Slipknot.. its a bit like Nirvana. They stand for something which has nothing to do with music. I won't argue if thats good or bad cos I think not beign american I would only talk out of my thin arse.

Hehe, I would have to say slipknot have quite some moments where they are musical as a motherf*cker. They are great at playing their instruments, and great at getting the message across... Without that talent a band is nothing

I didn't mean they're not good musicians. Just that a lot of their popularity is not really related to their music but whats behind it, I think.

I didn't mean they're not good musicians. Just that a lot of their popularity is not really related to their music but whats behind it, I think.

Oh right.
Yeah you see it a lot.
Most famous bands get famous for a reason, i.e. they're talented musicians making good music. But in case of mainstream fame media put lots of emphasis on the image and stuff

The fact that you think Coldplay one of the biggest bands in the world with their seemingly endless airplay would knowingly rip off a song, and use it as a single no less shows you have zero common sense.

I guess you didn't know most of Coldplay's fans don't know a thing about music or have even heard of Joe Satriani.

I guess you didn't know most of Coldplay's fans don't know a thing about music or have even heard of Joe Satriani.

Smart guy, millions of people worldwide are going to hear any single Coldplay releases. Beyond just fans there are people in the music industry who are bound to hear it. You think anyone in their right mind thinks they can pull one over on a musician like Joe if you're going to get worldwide airplay? You either attempt to make a relevant statement or we're done here.

For me, and even though I play in a band that is often compared to the, I'll have to say Tool. They're okay, but i just ge bored listening to them.
same goes for A Perfect Circle and NIN, although I haven't heard too much if NIN to elaborate.

For me, and even though I play in a band that is often compared to the, I'll have to say Tool. They're okay, but i just ge bored listening to them.
same goes for A Perfect Circle and NIN, although I haven't heard too much if NIN to elaborate.

must say if you haven't heard much NIN then you should give it more of a listen. none of NIN's albums sounds the same. they are all varying styles of music approached in very different ways.

BlueSky said:
Smart guy, millions of people worldwide are going to hear any single Coldplay releases. Beyond just fans there are people in the music industry who are bound to hear it. You think anyone in their right mind thinks they can pull one over on a musician like Joe if you're going to get worldwide airplay? You either attempt to make a relevant statement or we're done here.

Maybe you should attempt to disillusion yourself. I'm already done speaking to someone as thickheaded as you are.