Bands or Albums you have never understood!

The BEST thing about Nirvana is Kurt Cobain's suicide.
Riverside is fucking incredible, if you don't like them just give it more time.
Tool, overrated mainstream noise in my opinion.

Some bands I simply cannot listen to: Slayer (I could see the interest in them when they were new in the 1980s, but listening to them noise is pretty pointless. They've been surpassed by many bands), Radiohead (decent music, but not as incredible as many people think. I feel that most fans are completely blown away by them because they were raised on terrible music such as The Smashing Pumpkins and Oasis. If you're taste is juvenile obviously you may find Radiohead to be complete geniuses, otherwise no.) , Dimmu Borgir and Cradle of Filth (Septic Flesh runs circles around these bands, Dani Filth's abysmal vocals completely ruin Cradle of Filth and Dimmu Borgir isn't that great to begin with), Meshuggah (I love obZen and Catch Thirty Three, but the only thing the band really has going is extreme technical precision), Lamb of God (Nothing special, just kind of blah all around), Sonic Syndicate (Melodic Death bandwagon hopper, they don't do anything original. I'd rather listen to Soilwork or Scar Symmetry any day over these guys), Metallica (fallen from grace, will never release another quality album), Mastodon (Crack the Skye is great, but everything else they've released sounds subpar and generic), The Haunted (Always bored me, nothing special and make me miss At The Gates that much more), and probably some other bands that I can't think of at the moment.

I never couldn't get into the album Om by Negura Bunget. Everybody told me how amazing was this album, so I bought it without hearing a single note from it. I listened to it a lot of times, but I never could see the greatness that others saw.

Paradise Lost and Anathema. I'll probably get burned for these two but I just can't get into anything these bands do. They always get compared to Katatonia the most and I'm always looking for bands similar to Katatonia so I'm always trying to get into their music but it just never happens. I like a song here or there from them but overall not really.

Paradise Lost and Anathema. I'll probably get burned for these two but I just can't get into anything these bands do. They always get compared to Katatonia the most and I'm always looking for bands similar to Katatonia so I'm always trying to get into their music but it just never happens. I like a song here or there from them but overall not really.

Don't worry...this thread is bound to irritate EVERYBODY at some time. It's kinda fun, cause so far..it's been much more peaceful than it would be in many other forms. My guess is because most of us have some bands we just can't get into for some silly reason and we get that frustration out..so it's just fair that somebody else spits on my bands, because the frustration is so understandable. I probably didn't make much sense now, but at the same time I hope you get some sense of what I'm trying to say.

I see many here actually don't like PL..I hate you all! ;)
It's ok with Anathema though..but them as much as you want. I only listened to them when they came out with their first album and it was just another PL clone..but yes, they changed and evolved past many of the bands I liked and still like..but I still can't listen to anathema..just because I hated them when they started out. Again..how silly is that really? Yes, very silly..but I'm not going to listen to them...very soon at least..heh

Meshuggah I have given up on getting into - I always thought their guitar work was ok (never disliked it..never loved it either though) but that metalcore vocalist is just fucking unbearable. Gojira is more tolerable but I still don't care for them.

I like Reign in Blood but am absolutely baffled by anyone who claims Slayer is superior to '80s Metallica - imo you'd have to be an absolute thrash fanatic to feel that way.

Darkthrone isn't bad but I never liked Transylvanian Hunger

Yeah, I really dont get Nirvana either. It just strikes me as...really bad, sloppy music.
Yeah, it is those thing, but unlike the genius of the Beatles, which is good all the time, I think Nirvana was a time and place thing.

I was 14, and a massive Nirvana fan when Kurt died, and while I won't pretend I went keerrazy, I was pretty afffected, being one of 5 or 6 kids in my town who actually loved them for the music before it all went pear shaped, then dollar shaped. One of my first political thoughts was doubting the earnestness of music stores putting up Kurt shirts in the windows. I guess that was when I first learn't about the free market.

So my love for Nirvana is a 12-15 year old's. Nostalgia is everything, I guess ;). But then again, it's everything that's not now.

80s Metallica shits on Slayer regardless. If you feel otherwise and are a thrash fanatic, you must be a retarded thrash fanatic.

Nile, Dream Theater, Coldplay, Sunn 0)))

Nile- I was a big brutal death metal fan but I never understood this band, every of my friends who loves death metal loves them. I just can't get into it, I feel very annoying when listen to them.

Dream Theater - I don't know..every dudes in the band are top notch musicians but together they in Dream Theater they sound like making some music for shreds and ....more shreds...kinda mindless to me, I especially hate the vocal, he is the gayest vocal you can get.

Coldplay - I undersatnd sing along type of rock easily get people attention, Coldplay not exactly the best one out there but they get most praises.

Sunn 0))) - hmm...just don't get it.

seems many fellas in here don't like Meshuggah.. I used to hate them too but I crazily love them lately. I feel confuse when I firstly listen their music. I thought it was boring but now I found they really has some interesting chops and really nice groove, I also love their vocal works. I thought Jens is the most brutal vocal I ever heard.

Yeah, comparing Meshuggah's singer to a metalcore singer is not accurate at all, he's pretty damn good and fits the band well.
Nile is trash, but I can't agree with you about Dream Theater. I really dig DT, they are more than just shredding.

Radiohead (decent music, but not as incredible as many people think. I feel that most fans are completely blown away by them because they were raised on terrible music such as The Smashing Pumpkins and Oasis.

I gotta disagree there. I was raised on awesome music (old school prog rock) and I love Radiohead. In fact they are one of my all time favorite bands. I definately don't think my tastes in music are remotely juvenile, even though I do like Rammstein.... and have no idea why. :( lol.

Ok I would assume this thread is about things generally regarded as good music that the poster doesn't understand personally. Why are things that aren't regarded as good music by most people (i.e. Slipknot, Dragonforce) even being mentioned?

well, I think there has no absolute answer, it's the matter of personal taste.

as OP mentioned Tonight's Decision, Tonight's Decision and Viva Emptiness are my personally least fav from Katatonia.
for VE I dislike the songs are kinda disjoint to my ears, sounds like Katatonia wanna make a change and VE was an experiment.
Lately Katatonia has learned from VE and made the right sound in TGCD, TGCD to me is the complete version of VE.

TD was another DO to me but sound not as nice as DO (DO is my top fav album from Katatonia)

And then theres the band Depeche Mode, can somebody please tell me why the hell this band has sold over 100 million albums?!! I liked Rammsteins cover of Stripped but I dont find any of their albums or songs even near as good as a song should be to satisfy me. Except some pretty good songs like Enjoy The Silence and Halo

:zombie:

joke?

for VE I dislike the songs are kinda disjoint to my ears, sounds like Katatonia wanna make a change and VE was an experiment.
Lately Katatonia has learned from VE and made the right sound in TGCD

i disagree completely. to me TGCD is like a less perfect version of VE