Bands or Albums you have never understood!

Maybe you should attempt to disillusion yourself. I'm already done speaking to someone as thickheaded as you are.

Either you are very young or you just don't get a lot of things. Being cynical is not a sign of high intelligence, it's a typical defensive mechanism as you will probably find out after some years of more growing.

Taste is a subjective thing and your taste will also change a lot through the next years, so being this "tough" eventually just hits yourself in the face.

Your response will be to be "tough" again and I look forward to your predictable response. Hopefully you won't answer..that would be your wisest choice.

I said nothing about disliking Coldplay. Reread the thread before you spout ignorant remarks.

I dislike Coldplay....

And Coheed and Cambria ;)

but that's just my taste. Actually, I didn't really start disliking Coldplay until their last release, but I know that tons of people all over the world loved it. So what do I know?

I assume MiniMoose was attempting to give me a lesson on music appreciation that I don't need. It appears that he thinks I'm one of those people that only listen to metal because it's "tough." Oh, how wrong he is.

but that's just my taste. Actually, I didn't really start disliking Coldplay until their last release,
Why may I ask?

For me it's the complete opposite, with their last album they won me over completely, it's such a rich, diverse and original album, so unlike their previous albums yet still so good. Incredible album. The best-selling album worldwide of 2008 as well, there's hope for the masses.

The only thing I dislike about coldplay is that radio's COMPLETELY and THOROUGHLY RAPED Viva La Vida...
I must have heard that song at least half a thousand times. A minor inconvenience when you work in the "horeca"

I never liked them until this new album, got turned off by Parachutes and never really bothered with them, gave the new album a chance and was pretty amazed at how far they've come.
@ Vincent J: The radio rapes everything, that's why I can't even listen to the radio anymore.
@LifeDepraved: Those bands probably hit the mark for "tough" guys, add Korn, Metallica, Slayer, and most metalcore as well.
@BlueSky: If Satriani would even bother going as far to bring the plagiarism case to court, it is more than a simple coincidence. If the songs only had one similarity such as the melody you could consider it being subconscious, but when they are that similar... you've got to wonder.

Why may I ask?

For me it's the complete opposite, with their last album they won me over completely, it's such a rich, diverse and original album, so unlike their previous albums yet still so good. Incredible album. The best-selling album worldwide of 2008 as well, there's hope for the masses.

Their sound never really clicked for me. The reason I really started disliking them is no other reason than I've heard Viva La Vida... a million times. My girlfriend absolutely loved that album. I didn't like it a ton, but it was okay, then after about 20 listens it really got old to me. So, I can't even listen to it any more.

Simple as that I guess.

The only thing I dislike about coldplay is that radio's COMPLETELY and THOROUGHLY RAPED Viva La Vida...
I must have heard that song at least half a thousand times. A minor inconvenience when you work in the "horeca"
That's not really the band's fault is it? But I can surely imagine (extreme) over-exposure killed it for ya.
Their sound never really clicked for me. The reason I really started disliking them is no other reason than I've heard Viva La Vida... a million times. My girlfriend absolutely loved that album. I didn't like it a ton, but it was okay, then after about 20 listens it really got old to me. So, I can't even listen to it any more.

Simple as that I guess.
Another case of radio-overkill, shame! ;)

That's not really the band's fault is it? But I can surely imagine (extreme) over-exposure killed it for ya.

Yes of course, I know. What I respect about the band is that they're taking a break, ' cause they are aware we've heard a whole lot of them already and they don't want the radio listeners to get bored of them

I assume MiniMoose was attempting to give me a lesson on music appreciation that I don't need. It appears that he thinks I'm one of those people that only listen to metal because it's "tough." Oh, how wrong he is.

Nope, I'm commenting your ignorrance/arrogance. What I mean with using the word "tough"..is about attitude. I don't assume anything, why do you assume that I assume that you only like metal?
I don't know what you usually listen to, but I do know how you discuss and it's not very mature. You don't need to be as harsh as you are to get your point across. It's not cool, tough or smart..I can tell you that it comes off as a less mature way of responding.
I could try to read out of your response that you often get into discussions with people you know that ends up a bit rough and sore. You are a person with a lot of anger in you (therefore often assumed to be young) etc etc..this is how you come across this forum to me. I'm just reading this out of from your last posts. I don't believe I know much about you other than how you seem according to your posts. I don't hate you, but I hope that your posts will become a bit less angry.

But yes, I do dislike Coldplay. But only because that kind of music bores the hell out of me. I still understand why some people like it though, it's not bad music. I just find it boring. Mostly because of the singers voice..it's good music for sleeping probably. Much like Sigur Ros.

I feel as BlueSky's showing of ignorance and arrogance were what sparked my posts. I don't need an attitude lesson either. Maybe you should look at the big picture.

I feel as BlueSky's showing of ignorance and arrogance were what sparked my posts. I don't need an attitude lesson either. Maybe you should look at the big picture.
I was going to read out all your posts, but ya know what? You just need to learn to stop pointing fingers.

Your logic as to why Coldplay would not borrow heavily from Satriani's song is simply ridiculous. The number of people to hear a song has nothing to do with how it may or may not be plagiarized. I guess you've never heard of Milli Vanilli; it's not really a plagiarism case, but nonetheless proves your mindset wrong.