Bands you are 'allergig' to

Sarkastus

use a chicken to..
Apr 8, 2007
Burghuese, Moon Unit
This does not mean bands you stample with the "piece of shit" -mark, but bands or albums on your wonderwall.

As for a band I don't consider inferior at all, but 'am still unable to tolerate is Sonic Youth.

Albums I have spent time on digesting e.g. Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here, this one confused me as a child and thus has taken time to get into later;
Porcupine Tree - Stupid Dream, - Fear Of A Blank Planet, Opeth - Damnation.
I dig those now, but from the beginning I only liked Stupid Dream, Damnation and the song Anesthetize on Fear Of.
The same sincerity and coldness can't be reached with drilling black or deathgrind wrath, the light and pale sound is what makes it so cynical. Then ad the harsh lyrics of course. There's such an incredible intensity I'm blown to plasm every time.

Well maybe a little exaggerated, but what gives you the symptoms?

There's not a lot of bands/music I would say I'm 'allergic' to. It depends on my mood, sometimes I'm more tolerant than otherwise. Some radio music can make my skin crawl with annoyance sometimes. Especially crappy overrated songs, like "Cryptonite" by 3 Doors Down for instance or any of their other songs for that matter. Criminally overrated band that should be banned. It's a crime they get so much attention and publicity causing other bands that actually have talent to be overlooked and neglected.

BTW, I would say I'm pretty allergic to most commercial techno (or 'DJ' music) and what we call in Dutch 'smartlappen' (Schlager in German).

Queen gives me the twitch.. I still can somehow stand Bohemian Rhapsody, which is for the best cuz it's requested so often.

Nile. Haven't heard them much so maby there lies the weakness, yet that much I have heard sounds soulless. What's so grate about them?

i can't stand about 95% of american music nowadays. All this "core" crap, metal/hard/death/black etc core is garbage, they should just stop. Also kinda on topic, all the "scene kids" who are in to said shit, jumping on the band wagons of such bands as mayhem and immortal around my parts, makes me want to fucking puke.

Of all the bands you people can list the best you can do is queen? c'mon

I pretty much hate Queen a lot too

Also I'd like to say I despise Black Sabbath a lot too :/

And if someone now will say that without them there wouldn't be metal, I will do all within my possibilities to murder you

The fact that people in this forum are listing fucking QUEEN and BLACK SABBATH in this thread blows my mind. Swallow the Sun gets jerked off over here and these two bands are getting hated on? Wow.

Yeah, it is fucking impressive. Good call on Swallow the Sun but you forgot about Daylight Dies and the harcore worship that they receive here.

Btw, Black Sabbath is an amazing rock band