Albums that would be perfect if shortened to EP length

Vilden

From the holy kingdom of Harmonia
Aug 7, 2002
Stockholm, Sverige
Heil guyz,

Obviously inspired by the thread about which EPs you would have liked as albums. This is the opposite, which albums do you think have good material but suffers from way too much filler and could have been good/great/perfect if you shaved some songs off it?

Bonus question for those who bother: details of which songs have to go etc?

I will come back with my own suggestions when I wake up tomorrow!

:)

Reactions: Slayed Necros
Black Sabbath- Tyr

1. Anno Mundi
2. The Sabbath Stones
3. The Battle of Tyr
4. Odin's Court
5. Vahalla

That EP would be a masterpiece.

Judas Priest- Turbo/ Ram it Down

1. Turbo Lover
2. Out in the Cold
3. Reckless
4. Ram it Down
5. Hard as Iron
6. Monsters of Rock

Reactions: CiG
... Out of My Way and No Amnesty are the best tracks on that album. The first four songs are good, the rest of the album is whatever. I could skip every song after DOA ... except Out Of My Way.

Time is Up, Covering Fire and Killing Tendencies are the weakest tracks on there imo.

Last edited:
Black Sabbath- Tyr

1. Anno Mundi
2. The Sabbath Stones
3. The Battle of Tyr
4. Odin's Court
5. Vahalla

That EP would be a masterpiece.

Judas Priest- Turbo/ Ram it Down

1. Turbo Lover
2. Out in the Cold
3. Reckless
4. Ram it Down
5. Hard as Iron
6. Monsters of Rock
Honestly Turbo rules, and Anno Mundi should have just been a single

First thing that comes to mind:
58857.jpg

Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind

First 5 tracks

Fuck you.

Reactions: The Ozzman and CiG
So maybe not exactly EP length, but Elysian Blaze - Blood Geometry could use about 30% shaved off. Great album but goes on a bit much even for something so droney.

(As an aside this is probably in my top 10 album covers ever. Some majestic shit...)

Elysian-Blaze-Blood-Geometry.jpg

Reactions: EspaDa
For fun, I'd just break apart Reverend Bizarre's entire discography and the resort it into a series of EPs. :rofl:

1000x1000.jpg

Firstly I'd remove all the instrumental tracks and the cover track. Then I'd whittle it down to just these tracks:
  1. Christian Woman
  2. Black No. 1 (Little Miss Scare All)
  3. We Hate Everyone
  4. Bloody Kisses (A Death In The Family)
  5. Too Late: Frozen
  6. Can't Lose You
This would end up running at 50 minutes and 39 seconds... :tickled: Fuck.

The Lamp of Thoth - Portents, Omens & Dooms

1) I Love the Lamp
2) Blood on Satan's Claw
3) One more song that I forget because I pretty much only listen to those 2 songs these days.

... Out of My Way and No Amnesty are the best tracks on that album. The first four songs are good, the rest of the album is whatever. I could skip every song after DOA ... except Out Of My Way.

Time is Up, Covering Fire and Killing Tendencies are the weakest tracks on there imo.

I don't know about the breakdowns in Out of My Way, it has some good parts but yeah I dunno. I'll agree that Killing Tendencies is the weakest track on the album, but Time Is Up and Covering Fire? Love those songs, part of my usual workout mix.