Albums you feel like an asshole for not having.

There's quite a lot that I regret not getting before. I don't feel like an asshole for not having them but seeing as some of them are hard to find now I should have really bought them before!

But mainly those should really be in my collection but for some reason I still don't have them (doesn't mean I haven't heard them...).

Demigod - slumber of sullen eyes
Tormentor - Anno Domini
Mercyful Fate - Don't Break The Oath

Certainly a lot more but I love these albums so it's kinda hard to explain why I don't have them already.

Cannibal Corpse - Eaten Back to Life
Mortification - Post Mommentary Affliction
Lamb of God - Ashes of the Wake
Slayer - Hell Awaits
Exodus - Bonded by Blood
Kreator - All of them

Dammit, I'm such an asshole!

Deicide-Once Upon The Cross
Morbid Angel-Domination
Cryptopsy-None So Vile
Nile-In Their Darkened Shrines
Cannibal Corpse-Tomb of The Mutilated
Six Feet Under- The Haunted
Dark Funeral-Secrets of The Black Arts
Satyricon-The Shadowthrone
Darkthrone-Blaze In The Northern Sky
Burzum-Filosofem
Emperor-Wrath of The Tyrant
Nokturnal Mortum-Goat Horns

Morbid Angel-Domination
Cryptopsy-None So Vile
Nokturnal Mortum-Goat Horns

You seriously need to get these three albums. None So Vile is one of the best DM albums ever recorded with some good growling lows, Domination is pretty awesome after it grows on you from a few listens, and Goat Horns is an epic black metal masterpiece. You have to get all three of them!!!

Well, I only have 12 CDs... and I quite obviously listen to more than that... so yeah, I'd say I've got some purchasing to do.

Fortunately I just started a new job, so my spending budget should be going up soon.

A rough list of bands for whom there are at least 3 albums I need to buy:

Black Sabbath
Hawkwind
Opeth
Bathory
Cathedral
Electric Wizard
Motorhead
Iron Maiden
Dimmu Borgir
Down
Therion
Ten Years After
Led Zeppelin
Blue Oyster Cult
Camel
Magma
Grateful Dead
Doobie Brothers
Steely Dan
AC/DC

That's... what... about 500 dollars? And a low estimate at that? Yeah - I have my work cut out for me.

^Yeah, we are similar, the music was just great from what I heard from None So Vile, I loved it, it made me want to headbang.

Well, I only have 12 CDs... and I quite obviously listen to more than that... so yeah, I'd say I've got some purchasing to do.

Fortunately I just started a new job, so my spending budget should be going up soon.

A rough list of bands for whom there are at least 3 albums I need to buy:

Black Sabbath
Hawkwind
Opeth
Bathory
Cathedral
Electric Wizard
Motorhead
Iron Maiden
Dimmu Borgir
Down
Therion
Ten Years After
Led Zeppelin
Blue Oyster Cult
Camel
Magma
Grateful Dead
Doobie Brothers
Steely Dan
AC/DC

That's... what... about 500 dollars? And a low estimate at that? Yeah - I have my work cut out for me.

:guh:

imo, before too many more people see that post, I suggest editing/deleting haha

How do you live?

Internet.

imo, before too many more people see that post, I suggest editing/deleting haha

I think when people start quoting me it's already too late.

Srsly, though, I haven't been listening to metal that long. And in the time I have, I've only worked for a few months. So I haven't really had any money to toss around. That should change pretty soon, though.

I despise Steely Dan with a passion!!!

Go to hell. Steely Dan are fucking geniuses.

^I'm curious to see what that and Hate Them along everything between Panzerfaust and Sardonic Wrath is like. I had mixed emotions about songs from The Cult is Alive but I've heard that Hate Them and Plaguewielder are good.

In europe we're poor, so we can't buy CDs because for some incomprehensible reason they are twice as expensive than in the US.

Disillusion - Back to times...
Emperor - all but the first one (wich I have twice)
Iron Maiden - A nice shiny collection of their entire discography with those great colorful booklets.

Bands considered "essential" who I don't have any albums from:

Possessed
Deicide
Motorhead
Dio
Led Zeppelin
WASP
King Diamond
Pagan Altar
Mercyful Fate
Venom
Candlemass

Some of these bands I don't like, and will never buy an album from (ie Led Zeppelin, etc.), others, I just don't know why I haven't gotten around to it yet (Possessed, Candlemass, etc.).