Alexi in new Young Guitar!

In Your Face said:
whatever, typo, doesn't change the fact that they should change the name...

I'm going to refer to it as the "Laiho V" from now on anyway. His body is an improved version of randy's... It should have it's own name.
its got a slightly modified "cutaway" and a worse neck joint. and terrible pickups.

have you guys seen the video that comes with it.
its on the internet - it seems a littlle sloppy. But still alexi tops my list of awsoe guitarists.

Laiho V... nice.

I actually got my Rhoads b/c of Kristian Ranta before I knew who Alexi was... 1994(rough guess) pre-Fender RR1 for $280... god i love ebay.

I still prefer ESP though... but I'd rather have the real import... that american version looks horrible. I still dont see why Alexi uses a cheap little passive EMG...

.gravity said:
Laiho V... nice.

I actually got my Rhoads b/c of Kristian Ranta before I knew who Alexi was... 1994(rough guess) pre-Fender RR1 for $280... god i love ebay.

I still prefer ESP though... but I'd rather have the real import... that american version looks horrible. I still dont see why Alexi uses a cheap little passive EMG...
i bought my Rhoads V because of the man, Randy Rhoads hahaha, i honestly would have never bought one because of alexi, there are tons of guitarists out there that simply outclass him, Rhoads being one of them

In Your Face said:
whatever, typo, doesn't change the fact that they should change the name...

I'm going to refer to it as the "Laiho V" from now on anyway. His body is an improved version of randy's... It should have it's own name.
you can be either stupid or at least not serious

I wish Jackson made a signature Alexi model cause the original RR1 Jackson only has 22 frets. Is there a way to get a custom RR1 with 24 frets like Alexi? It really sucks that someone stole his Jacksons. Also what issue of young guitar came with the reap n' roll licks with Alexi playing stuff from Hate Crew Deathroll CD.

there is, if you want to pony up the cash for a jackson custom shop, its super expensive... or you can buy a cheap as shit JS35RR with a licensed floyd rose, made in indonesia, its 24 frets, and a pile of shit. i really don't see jackson putting out a line of custom Rhoads V's with anyone elses name on it... the Rhoads V is what got jackson going.

Elysian893 said:
there is, if you want to pony up the cash for a jackson custom shop, its super expensive... or you can buy a cheap as shit JS35RR with a licensed floyd rose, made in indonesia, its 24 frets, and a pile of shit. i really don't see jackson putting out a line of custom Rhoads V's with anyone elses name on it... the Rhoads V is what got jackson going.

Agreed. Rhoads is ALREADY a signature guitar. 24 frets doesnt make much difference, imo... just learn to bend higher. Rhoads is perfect as it is. It's already a shame they made a Jason Bond version (or whoever it is).

borissikic said:
i don't see big difference between american and "regular" version. and yeah, emg hz's suck

I'm not a huge fan of the HZ's alone, but when you use them with the EMG PA2 they sound pretty good... Alexi makes them sound really good (obviously).

still 81 sounds much better for the same money. and alexi is great player, so you get feeling it sounds good. in hands of average player you would see how much it sucks

borissikic said:
still 81 sounds much better for the same money. and alexi is great player, so you get feeling it sounds good. in hands of average player you would see how much it sucks

Yeah, you're right. The 81's seen a lot thicker... unless I just can't hear shit... Also, I think the active ones sound better on a crappy amp.

Does anyone know how much they will sell the new USA relase ESP for?