Alexi Laiho ripped off Marty Friedman

Status
Not open for further replies.
some points...

1) i didn't know that there had been threads about laiho ripping off other songs. if i had known, i would have posted in one of those threads.

2) how is this off topic? does it not link DIRECTLY to the band?

3) i know it could be purely conincidental, but i doubt it. are you people saying that laiho has not heard friedman, even INFLUENCED by him? it's not like they come from different worlds here. i mean... who REMOTELY interested in metal has not heard "Hangar 18"? i really don't envision him not noticing it...

4) it's good that some of you have been reminded of RIP. very good, very hopeful! :headbang:

5) i don't give a "flying fuck" if people here think i am an ass :)

:lol: You guys take yourself WAAAAY to serious! :lol:

Bottom line COB brightens my day, shortens long car rides, makes my fingers ache and most of all keeps my intrest in music warm. They could be ripping Millie Vanilli off, if it sounded good, well I'd be OK with it. Well maybe not Milli but you get the general point folks, don't you?

BodomiC said:
I second that
TOo late. . .Tut Already did.

so, in essence, you third it.

now, about the "rip off" its bound to happen if you listen to enough music. people borrow shit from othe musicians all the time, lyrics too. So i wouldn't worry too much about it.

And for all you people giving him shit, chill.

I'm pretty sure he's heard the song before... I'm saying that a lot of musical ideas pop into your head outta nowhere... and I've heard of many cases where ppl made songs only to realize they totally ripped off another band by accident. I've even heard of a guy accidently "making up" a crazy solo that was pretty-much note-for-note the same to a solo he really liked (I heard about it on one of these boards, probably the CoB board). That's the point that everyone who makes these threads fails to grasp.

yeah i know, shit, the song in my sig. . . guess what i found out that part of the solo (retuned to A 440) in Towards Dead End goes perfectly for where OUR solo is, and because its a harmony its sounds 8923892323 times better that the one on the recording. Until i can write a more kick ass solo. . it stays.

I find it funny that people think that two people can not come up with the same riff. I had an experience while if was just playing around with the chromatic scale and my buddy told me it was a slayer riff, I hadn't even heard the song, I was just messing around.

This thread is hillariously sad to say the least. Who fucking cares.

somebody said something about a mistake in the last chorus on hate me...what is the mistake?

and what riffs from follow the reaper are in hate me?

Dude, ppl care because they want to enlighten you.You see, we don't want idiots running around whining about CoB's "travesties". Hmmm... funny how you used the crying smily. :lol:

:err: Ughhhh... the melodies you indicated from Hate Me and FtR are completely different. They are different notes, have a different structure, and like you said a different tempo. In other words, they are two entirely different melodies. Fuck. :yell: Fucking idiots from Royal Carnage don't know anything about music (not just the theory, they can't even tell simple melodies apart, it seems). I wouldn't even believe that HCD has similarities to Hangar 18 if other ppl hadn't mentioned it before.

MagSec, please lock this thread or at least move it to the off-topic section, or something. This guy is so dumb it's giving me a headache.

ah, the Bodomite Reasoning begins to show through...

"Dude, ppl care because they want to enlighten you.You see, we don't want idiots running around whining about CoB's "travesties". Hmmm... funny how you used the crying smily. :lol:"

enlighten me how? that laiho is beyond criticism, that even if he does lift some riffs from other sources that it is OBVIOUS THAT HE DID NOT DO IT? all of the complaining in this thread come from whiny fans such as yourself defending alexi in every possible way... hell, if he passed gas, you'd probably say that he was simply "letting his body breathe". it's funny that you used the laughing smilie, because that is what i was doing after reading your horribly biased post.

"
err.gif
Ughhhh... the melodies you indicated from Hate Me and FtR are completely different. They are different notes, have a different structure, and like you said a different tempo. In other words, they are two entirely different melodies. Fuck."

once again, that Bodomite Reasoning is seeping through. are you deaf, lying or just listening to the wrong riffs??? goddamn, i don't care if he plays one in one octave or one in another tuning, but THEY BOTH SOUND THE SAME. same basic structure, even though the tempo in one is a little bit faster than the other. saying that they aren't all that similar is a stretch, but that they "are two entirely different melodies"?!? like you said... Fuck.

"
yell.gif
Fucking idiots from Royal Carnage don't know anything about music (not just the theory, they can't even tell simple melodies apart, it seems)."

let me rephrase that so it is truthful: Fucking idiots from the CoB forum can't simply admit that their hero plagarizes himself every now and then (not just himself, but others as well, it seems). oh yeah, i forgot that you had to be a musical theorist in order to truly understand music... and to blind yourself to the fact that two riffs sound almost EXACTLY ALIKE!!!

"I wouldn't even believe that HCD has similarities to Hangar 18 if other ppl hadn't mentioned it before."

of course you wouldn't. you have all the signs of an advanced case of Bodomite Reasoning. drink a cup of AIDs, please...

"MagSec, please lock this thread or at least move it to the off-topic section, or something. This guy is so dumb it's giving me a headache."

"Mommy, he's speaking with objective logic, make him go away!" :cry:

Okay, man, whatever. You fail to see that we've been all trying to explain to you that Alexi does copy riffs, but that he probably has no idea. If you were a musician, you'd know what I (and the ten or so other ppl who mentioned it) mean. Riffs and melodies come out of nowhere and pop into your head, and you think "wow, cool!" and set out to put it in a song. Sometimes you realize that it isn't your original melody, sometimes you don't. End of discussion. Why is it so hard to understand? How did you not manage to get what all these people have tried to tell you??? Ugh.

One other thing: download the FtR and HM! tabs and look for yourself. It isn't a fucking octave difference. It's a completely different structure except for the fact that they are all in eigths. The notes rise and fall in the FtR melody, more than an octave, going between about four different strings while in the HM! one they barely deviate from each other, going between like two different strings... I'm going from memory but it's something like that. I'm not being biased. You're being pig-headed, about this and the whole "plagiarizing" thing. I've backed myself up, more than enough. You just keep repeating the same things over and over and say we worship Laiho and all this bullshit. Fuck you man. Fuck you and your shitty fucking site. People like you should have their eardrums removed, since you seem to barely use them. Again, I beseech you: take your head outta your ass and listen to the fucking songs or look at the fucking tabs. Until then, shut the fuck up, get the fuck out, or just fucking die. Or maybe take a music class. Do anything but pretend to know what you're talking about. Fuck.

Just so you know, I don't think Alexi couldn't be wrong, or whatever. I don't even think he's -that- great. He's very talented for his age, and his vocals are brutal. That's it. I respect him for that. He's not my god. CoB are not ym fav band. I could even have seen them live and chose not to. Once more, fuck you. Goddamn know-it-alls... and don't bother returning with a post like "ooh, big man trying to be tough by swearing blah blah blah" and dodge the whole issue. Either look at the tabs or shut your mouth and don't open it again. Hell, I didn't even need to look at the tabs to know they aren't alike...

EDIT: I would've gladly moved on if he hadn't of ignored every single thing people explained to him... and then tried to tell us that two entirely different melodies are the EXACT same. I can't stand ppl like this, and I can only hope he will for once not assume he is 100% right like he always is, and take a look for himself.

he's a troll, he posted here to laugh at the reaction with his pisshead buddies, and the sad thing is he did it cause this forum is famous for that kind of replies
so if people here would collectively CHILL THE FUCK DOWN AND GET SMART already, things like this would stop happening

Stun said:
I'm not being biased. You're being pig-headed, about this and the whole "plagiarizing" thing. I've backed myself up, more than enough. You just keep repeating the same things over and over and say we worship Laiho and all this bullshit. Fuck you man. Fuck you and your shitty fucking site. People like you should have their eardrums removed, since you seem to barely use them. Again, I beseech you: take your head outta your ass and listen to the fucking songs or look at the fucking tabs. Until then, shut the fuck up, get the fuck out, or just fucking die. Or maybe take a music class. Do anything but pretend to know what you're talking about. Fuck.
i don't know about the rest of your post (because i didn't read it), but this paragraph was fucking hilarious! i think the argument should just end now... you've settled it once and for all! :lol: :lol: :lol:

EagleFlyFree said:
he's a troll, he posted here to laugh at the reaction with his pisshead buddies, and the sad thing is he did it cause this forum is famous for that kind of replies
so if people here would collectively CHILL THE FUCK DOWN AND GET SMART already, things like this would stop happening
bullshit. see my reply in that other thread you posted this in. i DID NOT COME HERE TO FLAME. read my posts. see how it devolps into flaming. hell, if i wanted to argu, i would have just said something like "laiho is teh suck!!!1", not try to entreat a simple discussion (which many of you simply could NOT DO). it kinda blows your whole theory to shreds, the fact that NO ONE FROM RC WAS AWARE THAT I POSTED here! keep looking for reasons... it doesn't disprove the fact that intelligent discussion is lost on some of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.