Alexi Laiho ripped off Marty Friedman

Status
Not open for further replies.
bobvex said:
If you wanna know who the blame is on take a look at who started the thread.
why don't you? if you will notice, i don't start any flaming whatsoever UNTIL I AM FLAMED FIRST!!! all i did was try to start a simple discussion... and it worked (for a while). so no, that isn't going to help your argument that i am the only asshole in this thread.

87633.jpg

Hello, I was DRUNK when I made the "This just has to be said" thread.
But, WHATEVER.

Thx for defending me, Bob :)

I don't have a pic of me ready at the moment, but I can assure you that I'm neither obese (alright I'm no Kate fucking Moss, but I'm still FAAAR from being a female Profanity!!!), nor do I have pock marks or anything like that;)

The Lantern Nut said:
Hello, I was DRUNK when I made the "This just has to be said" thread.
:lol: okay, now it makes sense... that's an excuse that is always worthy to me. :)

The Lantern Nut said:
I don't have a pic of me ready at the moment, but I can assure you that I'm neither obese (alright I'm no Kate fucking Moss, but I'm still FAAAR from being a female Profanity!!!), nor do I have pock marks or anything like that;)
heh... i was pretty pissed off when you posted my pic, but after a few pissed off remarks, i realized that it was just a stupid thing to be mad about. and yeah, i'm pretty sure that you won't look like profanity... at least i hope not! anyway, for what it's worth, i apologize for the shitty things i said. :Smug: :wave:

*cough* to some of you *cough*
:D

This is Pointless.

As long as music exsists, bands are going to be influenced by other bands. Every band throws in a little something in their music that is from a band that they listened to before they got into playing. Its just how it goes. Im sure Megadeth has some influences in their music too.

I'm beating a dead and rotting horse, but I don't care.

Follow the Reaper:

-----------------------7--|----7--------------------|-----------------------7--|
--9--9--7-----7--9--------|-------9--7--9--7-----7--|--9--9--7-----7--9--------|
-----------9--------9-----|-------------------9-----|-----------9--------9-----|
--------------------------|-------------------------|--------------------------|
--------------------------|-------------------------|--------------------------|

--7-------------------------|------------------------|-------------------------|
-------9--7--9--7h9h7----7--|--9--7-------------7----|--9--7----------------7--|
----------------------9-----|--------9--8----9-------|--------9--6----8--9-----|
----------------------------|------------------------|-------------------------|
----------------------------|------------------------|-------------------------|

-------------------------|--------------------|
--9--8--6-----6--8--6----|------18~-----------|
-----------9-------------|--------------------|

Hate Me!

D||----------------------------|--------------------------------|
A||----------------------------|--------------------------------|
F||--10--7--10--7--9--5--9--5--|--14--10--14--10--12--9--12--9--|
C||----------------------------|--------------------------------|
G||----------------------------|--------------------------------|
D||----------------------------|--------------------------------|

----------------------------|--------------------------------||
--10--7--10--7--9--5--9--5--|--14--10--14--10--12--9--12--9--||

Are you gonna admit that you're fucking wrong yet? The proof is undeniably right in front of your eyes. Different notes, different structure, different fucking melody. How could you EVER think they sounded alike? Just because they are the same (or similar) scale doesn't make them the same, dumbass. You dodged the issue precisely as I predicted you would... in fact almost every post has been following the troller template... but for some reason I keep coming back and trying to talk sense into you. I just care too much. In conclusion, you're fucking stupid and know very very little about music, or even about using your ears at all. I hummed the melodies to myself for two secs each and knew they were completely different. I bet you're still going to insist they are the EXACT same even tho you have the numbers in front of you. :Smug: FtR goes through more than entire octave, has multiple rests/held notes, and passes through 4 strings; HM doesn't change more than half an octave or so, has no rests, and is only on ONE string (or two, if you wanted).

Fuck all know-it-alls who know next-to-nothing. They pollute music (and life).

Black Winter Day: Hear me out man.

All this shit got out of hand but let me try to explain.
What they were initially trying to convey to you is:
a) We are pretty sick of hearing about it, and with reason. (I undestand if you didn't know this, that's not your fault)
b) A lot of us don't care. It's not unusual that 2 musicians come up with a very similar riff from time to time, and like it's been said, Alexi's been interviewed about these things.

I can understand if it annoys you to hear that part or whatever man.. you stated your point and I don't have a problem with it and you shouldn't be attacked about it. But if you take a look, it didn't begin to get hostile until you said this and generalized about CoB fans (something we are pretty sick of as well, again with reason)
i suppose even if he played the entire ninth symphony without giving credit, a few of you would still praise laiho's brilliant songwriting and musicianship... goddamn, it's just a small section i pointed out that is ripped off and you still get anal about it.
I know you probably had simply misinterpreted the reactions of those who had posted to your thread before that, and thought of us as shallow or something along those lines. They actually weren't being hostile to you though, not at first.

Anyways, I'm sorry you had a sour experience in this thread, but I hope you do understand us a bit, and not just generalize about us in a negative way. The bullshit here went both ways, it wasn't all our fault.
Don't get bad blood about these matters man.. it's not worth it.. not about a few seconds of music, good music.

EDIT: Oh and this is hereby closed.
Get on Jerry Springer and fight about it.

And Thank you Stun for the tabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.