Alexi Laiho Young Guitar Jan 2006 video

Wow. I don't know how someone can play so well and so badly from one minute to the next. Lake Bodom, Towards Dead End, Warheart......ouch. He was almost on the verge of a Kirk Hammett-like vibrato. And what Alexi demonstration would be complete without a sweepy-tappy diminished arpeggio lick and a "whatever" shrug after every single example? My favorite part was at the very end when he was throwing his sales pitch; aside from giving an almost identical, word for word description to both, it sounded like it was the first time he'd ever seen those guitars.:lol: Oh, and the little seizure he had before one of the more impressive examples...priceless.:lol:
alexiseizure.jpg

Yeah, that was all pretty negative, but Alexi is still one of my favorite guitarists.:headbang:

Ben Johnson said:
Wow. I don't know how someone can play so well and so badly from one minute to the next. Lake Bodom, Towards Dead End, Warheart......ouch. He was almost on the verge of a Kirk Hammett-like vibrato. And what Alexi demonstration would be complete without a sweepy-tappy diminished arpeggio lick and a "whatever" shrug after every single example? My favorite part was at the very end when he was throwing his sales pitch; aside from giving an almost identical, word for word description to both, it sounded like it was the first time he'd ever seen those guitars.:lol: Oh, and the little seizure he had before one of the more impressive examples...priceless.:lol:
alexiseizure.jpg

Yeah, that was all pretty negative, but Alexi is still one of my favorite guitarists.:headbang:

As much as it sucks to say, I can ony agree. This performance wasn't great at all really. He probably wasn't warmed up properly.

it was also the guitar,when I play someone elses guitar I completely suck on it,though that is probably because I love loose strings and low action.

Conti said:
it was also the guitar,when I play someone elses guitar I completely suck on it,though that is probably because I love loose strings and low action.

Yeah I was thinking that too. He plays in Drop D in this video but I was thinking the tension would be the same because he plays with thicker gauge strings when he's in D.

he plays in D on that dvd

and the beginners dvd is crap, not even worth the hassle of ripping/scanning and posting. in fact, i will sell any young guitar mags + dvds if anyone is interested. I have the January issue (w/ DVD) and the beginners issue (w/ DVD)