Alexi passed away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohh:cry: R.I.P. still hard to see this and believe...

(I thought he was already buried within a week or two, also I told you I don't believe 30 until I see it somewhere official. )

Reactions: COB-666
Someone here said that the date was 30.12. and it was written at the memorial at the Riff.
On the memorial for the funeral it says the 29th posted one page back. I think that's more likely but it's not like it matters much anyways when it was. Still just sad as hell that he's gone. The music world will never be the same.

So Alexi's first name was Markku, He changed the spelling from Aleksi to Alexi and Allu must have been a play on Uula then?

Sad to see this. It's a remainder he was still human beneath the larger than life rockstar image we know as fans.

146309105_10224048179782051_1940232593071435927_o.jpg

Reactions: <Arcane>
So Alexi's first name was Markku, He changed the spelling from Aleksi to Alexi and Allu must have been a play on Uula then?

Sad to see this. It's a remainder he was still human beneath the larger than life rockstar image we know as fans.

You mean to say you didn't know about his stage name?

Only way to really know for sure why they called him Allu, is to ask those who gave him that nickname themselves.
My theory is that it's from their touring, and it's the same reason Roopes called Yoda.
Allu, short or slang for aluminium, like metal-face here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210204-170205_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210204-170205_Chrome.jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 38
You mean to say you didn't know about his stage name?

Only way to really know for sure why they called him Allu, is to ask those who gave him that nickname themselves.
My theory is that it's from their touring, and it's the same reason Roopes called Yoda.
Allu, short or slang for aluminium, like metal-face here.
Allu is a common finnish nickname for people named Aleksi/Aleksanteri/Alexander.

Reactions: rj rl
It was written in the memorial book at The Riff that it was the 30th day. I saw it. But maybe the person arranging the memorial didn't know the exact date and wrote down the date when they were informed?

Anyone know if the UK Metal Hammer issue will be the same as the german issue? I don’t want to buy both if both contain the same
Unfortunately not. I usually don't buy those magazines. So I don't know, if the German Metal Hammer is something completely different or a copy paste translation thing. I ordered them both though. So I could check this out for you, if you want to wait that long. I just hope the UK one arrives here without problems with all this covid restrictions going on between UK and EU.

Reactions: <Arcane>
Hey. I was lurking this forum some years ago. Alexi’s death was devastating news, and hit me harder than i would have expected.

But it has also made me think a little bit. I am sorry if I am getting a little conspiratorial now.

In the song The Days are Numbered he sings «your days are numbered at thirty three». And he had the number «33» tattooed on the arm.

Maybe at the age of 33 (around 2012, while writing Halo of Blood) he got a definite message that he did not have a very long time left to live, and that that his days were «numbered»?

Conspiracy brother!
I posted few pages back about the exact same musings as you.
As far as i read, it was one of his friends that asked a healthcare professional their opinion about Alexi. But he might have said 'fuck you' to the friend, (hence 'Not my funeral') but then himself have gone and gotten a second opinion (the Days are numbered)

Ironically i also know how he hated and despised gossipmongers like us, he said as much in 'Hold your tongue' and 'Glass houses'. Or maybe those were for the people constantly asking what was wrong with him, and he should eat some burgers. Fuck those people.

I can't help but speculate that my hero has been screaming his requiem at me for so many years.

I'm not much of a conspiracy dude but a lot of the lyrical themes make a lot more sense now since his passing. Especially on hexed.

Or it's just a plain coincidence since lots of metal bands sing about death ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But to me a lot of the lyrics seem a lot more personal than I initially thought. I was always wondering about the meaning of "relapse"...to me it reads like he really struggled with addiction towards the end.

Say you're hurting… but that's not where you're at
But then again who am I… to say a word about that
Come again? Did you wanna ask something?
Amen! I'm ready for judging
Forget - I even said anything
Better yet turn around and start walking

So I sleep on it 'til next morning
Recurring dream so far from close
This nightmare is not my first warning
So on and on it goes
Is this about continuing to drink despite everyone telling him to stop?

But what do I know. Lots to ponder in the lyrics now.

I think he - and i quote - is a stuburn son of a b**** and he knew that he has problems.
I notices in the last days that Alcohol was a really big problem in his life.

You can watch this quote @9:00

Reactions: rabber_335i
I think Alexi possibly knew his days being numbered. I mean, he was in very bad shape between 2018-2019 and in 2019 happened a lot. CoB quitting, Alexi selling his rights to CoB name and a release of a book which told his story, not to mention lyrics on Hexed album. This is just my thought.

Seeing official obituary hit me hard and today was very sad day. I still think of him and CoB every day, but listening to their music is just too painful yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.