Alexi passed away

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally love RRF, and think Ugly is one of the best Bodom songs of all. The first 2/3 of that album are really good to me, actually.

IWC is by far the worst imo

I mean opinions on this will always be different and that's not my problem here.

It's just that this author has a very clear idea of what he wanted to write / tell there based on his personal opinions and only use facts of they come in handy for him to support his point of view.

That album rating thing was just the prime example for it, that's why I mentioned it.

You can't write:
The RRF album was bad because he was into alcohol and he admitted that it was bad.

And then go on with:
Halo of Blood was the best post HCDR album because he stopped drinking when writing it.

When Alexi still said that this album was bad as well in his opinion.

It's stupid to use an argument to support your opinion and then directly after that ignore the same argument because it suddenly supports the opposite of your opinion.

It's a little difficult to express exactly what I mean in English, but I think you guys get what I mean.

They also wrote that Hexed was a rather mediocore compromise between old an new sound and kind of put it in line with the break up of the band. Like: They broke up and the last album wasn't that great anyway.

And I honestly don't get how anyone could objectively call Hexed a mediocore album. It's like calling the album good would have been a contrast to the break up of the band and wouldn't have fit in the narrative of the author, who obviously wanted to mark this as a low point.

I think Alexi possibly knew his days being numbered. I mean, he was in very bad shape between 2018-2019 and in 2019 happened a lot. CoB quitting, Alexi selling his rights to CoB name and a release of a book which told his story, not to mention lyrics on Hexed album. This is just my thought.

Seeing official obituary hit me hard and today was very sad day. I still think of him and CoB every day, but listening to their music is just too painful yet.
With all my respect, this is a bullshit. Nobody starts a new band at the year he would die. Look at his photos, he was fine at the beginning of the year. A few months, around october he started looking really sick. And for a month it turned from worst to lethal.
Nobody is planning wedding or adopting a child, nobody is moving forward if he knows for sure he would be dead. Nobody KNOWS he would be dead.

My theory is his stomach ulcers turned into gastritis and cancer. Symptoms fits. He lost weight, was pale and tired, obviously in pain. His condition got worst in very short time.

People who sing about death doesn't mean they prepare to die. It means they met death already. Alexi was treatened by some fucking junks and that's why he left Espoo in a first place. He also lost a lot of friends.

Anyway I don't see how this guessing and shooting at the dark helps in current situation anyway. Kinda... People turned his death into a big entertainment. We should be silent and sad, not loud and spreading a conspiracy that never existed before.

On January 4th i was in a very serious teachers meeting discussing some pupils with other teachers, and when I'd done my part i scrolled SoMe in casual fashion, when i got the news. I almost completely lost my shit in front of people. I managed to get home before losing control of my tearducts. I don't have anyone to share my grief with, because the people around me doesn't get it. So it's nice to read your stories and experiences.

Eh... It's good I work alone. I bought stereo speakers and played COB all day long that day at max. Probably many people mentioned my mother that day.
I also burned a candle and created altar for him, right there, at my wok place. I don't care if people would find it apropriate, it's like I've lost a family member at that day.

I'm not sure what to think anymore. People willingly dicuss any theories about why he sold his rights and if he knew he would die. What I know is we lost a legend, a young man and a great tallent, and that's enough to make us grieving.
How is some gossip more important than the fact of untimely death of such a great guitar hero in metal music? How are cheap verbal fights and scandals suddenly more interesting than the fact Alexi is not here anymore and even for us that never were close to him is barely bearable?

I'm sorry, man, but this feels like offense to his name. A minute of silence and a good word for the deceased is the accurate thing to do in such moment. His money, his house, his wife, his guitars, his band - those are things his family must deal with, not us.

Eh... It's good I work alone. I bought stereo speakers and played COB all day long that day at max. Probably many people mentioned my mother that day.
I also burned a candle and created altar for him, right there, at my wok place. I don't care if people would find it apropriate, it's like I've lost a family member at that day.

I'm not sure what to think anymore. People willingly dicuss any theories about why he sold his rights and if he knew he would die. What I know is we lost a legend, a young man and a great tallent, and that's enough to make us grieving.
How is some gossip more important than the fact of untimely death of such a great guitar hero in metal music? How are cheap verbal fights and scandals suddenly more interesting than the fact Alexi is not here anymore and even for us that never were close to him is barely bearable?

I'm sorry, man, but this feels like offense to his name. A minute of silence and a good word for the deceased is the accurate thing to do in such moment. His money, his house, his wife, his guitars, his band - those are things his family must deal with, not us.
I completely agree. I don't really want to push my personal theories on to you guys as it seems like we all have our own subjective interpretation of what has happened to our hero, and what his life has been like these last few years. Maybe itll come out sometime soon and maybe never.
Personally my interest is purely for the sake of getting closure. I want to know what went down. The drama surrounding Alexi and the women in his life are mostly interesing to me because what they may tell could shed some light on major events.
My mother passed 2 years ago when i was 31, and she had been digging her grave with alcohol, tobacco, not eating and not moving, depression, anxiety and then cancer. Cause of death was pancreatic infection leading to simultaneous kidney and liver failure. We were all there at the end and said proper goodbyes. I was made executor of the estate and had to deal with bank stuff, canceling subscriptions, arranging the burial, ordering the headstone, flowers, you name it. So I'm still pretty sharp on inheritance law etc. And thats why i've chipped in when the subjects came up.
I hope that whatever Kim and Kelli come up with/reveal to the public won't tarnish Alexis memory, but merely tell his story.

With all my respect, this is a bullshit. Nobody starts a new band at the year he would die. Look at his photos, he was fine at the beginning of the year. A few months, around october he started looking really sick. And for a month it turned from worst to lethal.
Nobody is planning wedding or adopting a child, nobody is moving forward if he knows for sure he would be dead. Nobody KNOWS he would be dead.

My theory is his stomach ulcers turned into gastritis and cancer. Symptoms fits. He lost weight, was pale and tired, obviously in pain. His condition got worst in very short time.

People who sing about death doesn't mean they prepare to die. It means they met death already. Alexi was treatened by some fucking junks and that's why he left Espoo in a first place. He also lost a lot of friends.

Anyway I don't see how this guessing and shooting at the dark helps in current situation anyway. Kinda... People turned his death into a big entertainment. We should be silent and sad, not loud and spreading a conspiracy that never existed before.

Well, people do speculate and also you are doing the same, because it might be a way for looking a closure to know how we got here. I believe Alexi and his closest mates and family knew, but not the date or even a month. Just approx time, like few years or so go on. He actually looked better on 2020, but 2018-2019 was very bad. But after all, it was Alexi's private matter and he liked to keep it that way.

For example, my friends mother-in-law had cancer for 7 years and it was known it can't be cured anymore. It took 1-2 years without treatments and she was actually living normal life until she got a flu and it was lethal to her and she didn't make it. Like I have said, it is not that simple getting death sentence because you won't know an exact date for your passing, unless it is terminal and your body is falling apart fast. I hope you will understand my point finally.

Reactions: Faffy
I completely agree. I don't really want to push my personal theories on to you guys as it seems like we all have our own subjective interpretation of what has happened to our hero, and what his life has been like these last few years. Maybe itll come out sometime soon and maybe never.
Personally my interest is purely for the sake of getting closure. I want to know what went down. The drama surrounding Alexi and the women in his life are mostly interesing to me because what they may tell could shed some light on major events.
My mother passed 2 years ago when i was 31, and she had been digging her grave with alcohol, tobacco, not eating and not moving, depression, anxiety and then cancer. Cause of death was pancreatic infection leading to simultaneous kidney and liver failure. We were all there at the end and said proper goodbyes. I was made executor of the estate and had

to deal with bank stuff, canceling subscriptions, arranging the burial, ordering the headstone, flowers, you name it. So I'm still pretty sharp on inheritance law etc. And thats why i've chipped in when the subjects came up.
I hope that whatever Kim and Kelli come up with/reveal to the public won't tarnish Alexis memory, but merely tell his story.
I'm so sorry to hear that about your mom. It must be hard. At least you did the best after all that to honor her memory.

Well for me things are pretty clear - nothing comes from Kelli's side, Kimberly just appeared claiming she had more connection with him than she had. They were a couple 18 years ago. In his book, in his videos he shows love for his curent wife - Kelli Wright - Laiho. It's blind to see he loved her. Kimberly is bringing one shit after another proved by noone, just sepculations. It must be honor in his death. Whatever happened, it's over, it's in the past and in sake of his name she must shut up already.

Well, people do speculate and also you are doing the same, because it might be a way for looking a closure to know how we got here. I believe Alexi and his closest mates and family knew, but not the date or even a month. Just approx time, like few years or so go on. He actually looked better on 2020, but 2018-2019 was very bad. But after all, it was Alexi's private matter and he liked to keep it that way.

For example, my friends mother-in-law had cancer for 7 years and it was known it can't be cured anymore. It took 1-2 years without treatments and she was actually living normal life until she got a flu and it was lethal to her and she didn't make it. Like I have said, it is not that simple getting death sentence because you won't know an exact date for your passing, unless it is terminal and your body is falling apart fast. I hope you will understand my point finally.

I am not doing the same, honey. For a few weeks I am repeating "Quit staining his memory with gossips." I want to know what happened but never dig into the bullshit Goss is daily pouring from her profile. I quit listening and told her personally all the same things I am saying here - that her words are nothing but bullshit nobody can prove, and that she could bring whatever she was claiming in front of him, not now when he can't defend his name. Bringing photos from two decades ago doesn't makes you somebody's wife.

My best friend's mother died from stomach cancer for a few months. I never saw her those days but it happened for months. Also my grandfather who had so many injuries in his life, and I'm not talking about broken arm or cold. All of his ribs were broken in accident building the very same apartment building he died at years after that. And that damaged his internal organs in a ways they could not be repaired. He was the strongest person you could imagine, he got that stomach cancer and from bad turned worst for a month. It was clear as a day he was dying.

My point is it happens fast, less than a month, the same as Alexi - lost of weight, anemia, he was looking ten years older than he was, and at the end he just passed away. But God forbid he was giving up. I am sure he was fighting till the end, because that was what WildChild was doing his entire life!
Some fuckers tried to kill him, he ran away but started everything in a new place. He got drinking problems - he quit drinking. He was heartbroken - he keep moving. Band lost a member - he found another one. Band quit - he start over. So save me the bullshits Alexi layed in his home waiting for death, that's a fucking offense to his name! He may felt it at the end, yes, but giving up and waiting to die? Well you probably knew nothing about him then.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry to hear that about your mom. It must be hard. At least you did the best after all that to honor her memory.

Well for me things are pretty clear - nothing comes from Kelli's side, Kimberly just appeared claiming she had more connection with him than she had. They were a couple 18 years ago. In his book, in his videos he shows love for his curent wife - Kelli Wright - Laiho. It's blind to see he loved her. Kimberly is bringing one shit after another proved by noone, just sepculations. It must be honor in his death. Whatever happened, it's over, it's in the past and in sake of his name she must shut up already.

I am not doing the same honney. For a few weeks I am repeating "Quit staining his memory with gossips." I want to know what happened but bever dig into the bullshit Goss is daily pouring from her profile. I quit listening and told her personally all the same things I am saying here - that her words are nothnig but bullshit nobody can prove and that she could bring whatever she was claiming in front of him, not now when he can't defend his name. Bringing photos from two decades ago doesn't makes you somebody's wife.

My best friend's mother died from stomach cancer for a few months. I never saw her those days but it happened for months. Also my grandfather who had so many injuries in his life, and I'm not talking about broken arm or cold. All of his ribs were broken in accident building the very same apartment building he died at years after that. And that damaged his internal organs in a ways they could not be repaired. He was the strongest person you could imagine, he got that stomach cancer and from bad turned worst for a month. It was clear as a day he was dying.

My point is it happens fast, less than a month, the same as Alexi - lost of weight, anemia, he was looking ten years older than he was, and at the end he just passed away. But God forbid he was giving up. I am sure he was fighting till the end, because that was what WildChild was doing his entire life!
Some fuckers tried to kill him, he ran away but started everything in a new place. He got drinkin problems - he quit drinking. He was heartbroken - he keep moving. Band lost a member - he found another one. Band quit - he start over. So save me the bullshits Alexi layed in his home waiting for death, that's a fucking offense to his name! He may felt it at the end, yes, but giving up and waiting to die? Well you probably knew nothing about him then.

I don't think anyone is claiming Alexi was just waiting the death at home lying on couch, as people can see he was being busy with BAM and he gave it to music his everything, even CoB was no more longer together. He even toured when he was at his worst because I believe music was his number one thing in his life which gave him energy and love, beside his family of course. I believe he wanted to leave this world with his boots on and his legacy in metal music has already been for years remarkable. I've followed CoB and Alexi stuff almost 18 years, so I might know thing or two about them too. But Alexi was more than a musician and an idol, so I don't think many fans knew the real Alexi behind his musician persona but in his private life.

Reactions: Faffy
Wel lnobody knows. We can only asume, guess... We will never know. His family won't go and speak about those things so we could only fit the facts we know to our own best version.

I posted this on the interview-thread, but I link it here too, maybe connects to this thread as well.

" With the passing of Alexi Laiho we searched our archives for interviews and found our 2011 interview with him and keyboardist Janne Wirman. They talked about their new album at the time Relentless Reckless Forever. They talk about a tornado happening during the making of the album, their tour approach, the injury suffered by Alexi that took its toll years later, an embarrassing Slayer moment, supporting Japan after the Tsunami, and covering Eddie Murphy. "

Aries Poison Girl > you don't want to stain Alexis' memory with gossips but you are always talking about Kimberly Goss so-called "bullshit" and have been doing so for a month, staining her name and taking sides with his Australian woman even though you don't know what happened.

I don't care which side is right but fans like you should take a breath then take a break from all this drama. If we're meant to know what happened, we'll know in due time, if not then whatever, it's none of our business, the families/friends don't owe fans anything when it comes to personal stuff.

Aries Poison Girl > you don't want to stain Alexis' memory with gossips but you are always talking about Kimberly Goss so-called "bullshit" and have been doing so for a month, staining her name and taking sides with his Australian woman even though you don't know what happened.

I don't care which side is right but fans like you should take a breath then take a break from all this drama. If we're meant to know what happened, we'll know in due time, if not then whatever, it's none of our business, the families/friends don't owe fans anything when it comes to personal stuff.
Well read what I said before attacking me. Now this is personal between members of the forum and turns into a spam. Many people take a side, all of us, actually, saying it out loud or not. This is mine. And you are repeating my words trying to use them against me - Alexi's family and relatives personal life is their own business, none of us asked about this drama, it came, some people spread, one of them was Goss. I was against it and I said it. Now you come accusing me in thing I am standing against. Bitch, please,

What I asked for was a date and cause of death. They gave us a date and a lot of bullshit with it. The other I figured out myself.
I never asked about all this, and I'm strongly against that woman brings personal chat photos of Alexi in his not very good condition without his permission AFTER his death. Kelli never did this, right?

Well read what I said before attacking me. Now this is personal between members of the forum and turns into a spam. Many people take a side, all of us, actually, saying it out loud or not. This is mine. And you are repeating my words trying to use them against me - Alexi's family and relatives personal life is their own business, none of us asked about this drama, it came, some people spread, one of them was Goss. I was against it and I said it. Now you come accusing me in thing I am standing against. Bitch, please,

What I asked for was a date and cause of death. They gave us a date and a lot of bullshit with it. The other I figured out myself.
I never asked about all this, and I'm strongly against that woman brings personal chat photos of Alexi in his not very good condition without his permission AFTER his death. Kelli never did this, right?

I guess this conversation would belong to Kim vs Kelli conversation. About choosing sides, I personally don't think either of them are absolutely right or wrong, so I'm not on anybodys side. People have their personal opinions, but they aren't facts only because we think our own opinion is the truth. No need to argue about truths and facts, which hasn't been confirmed officially to be true.

Will it be? Ever? Someone started those rumors and the entire Hate Crew was involved. What they expected, honestly, to drop such a bomb and people pass it? I can't freaking believe it.

So bittersweet seeing the news, but I'm actually very curious and excited seeing how the tracks will be! And Dissection cover? Yes, please!

Artwork seemed very cool and I loved the detail about a scythe lying on the ground.

Aries > I'm not attacking you, just giving my two cents. Get off your high horse you crazy internet keyboard warrior with your stormy arguments.

Don't expect to have conversations with people if you are getting mad and offended by some random comment. Twitter would undoubtedly be a better place for you.

I am not mad, dude, I have opinion. Like more people you prefer not to hear one if it's harsh toward someone you like. Deal with it. I am not stopping expressing it. Learn to accept it or leave, your choice. And quit involving me in personal fights anymore, I am done with you here. Or anywhere else. I started a new topic, you are coming back like a stray dog asking for more. You are not worth it.

Well we all expected this EP, I would say I was hoping for more tracks, but concidering the situation this is more than enough. I am pre-ordering now and waiting for the releading date. They could set it for 8th of April, anyway.
It would be the most heavy album, that's for sure. No matter if Bodom After Midnight find another vocalist or quit, it would be hard to listen to this album. Don't know how many times we have to say goodbye to Alexi, but every time is harder an harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.