Alexi passed away

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should be better watch your language. Were all here because of COB, BAM and Alexi Laiho and not to call other Forum Members "Stray Dogs"...
What a child...
Well thank you. Read what he call me. I was talking about topic here, he changed it to my reactions. Since when members have rights to comment other members and how they react? I tried to avoid, he drag me back into the fight. Well even ants bite when you step on them.

Well we all expected this EP, I would say I was hoping for more tracks, but concidering the situation this is more than enough. I am pre-ordering now and waiting for the releading date. They could set it for 8th of April, anyway.
It would be the most heavy album, that's for sure. No matter if Bodom After Midnight find another vocalist or quit, it would be hard to listen to this album. Don't know how many times we have to say goodbye to Alexi, but every time is harder an harder.

BAM is done after this EP, don't expect another singer or something like that. This band was a brief epilogue for Alexi's career, sad as it is.

BAM is done after this EP, don't expect another singer or something like that. This band was a brief epilogue for Alexi's career, sad as it is.

Well those are bunch of young tallented men, and it's their call. I suppose it's close to mind they will quit. Anyway, expected but sad news about a project that just started.

Well those are bunch of young tallented men, and it's their call. I suppose it's close to mind they will quit. Anyway, expected but sad news about a project that just started.

Yeah, it is a real pity because Alexi would have had lots of material to continue his work where CoB chapter ended. I just don't see it would be possible to continue BAM without Alexi, because he was the soul of BAM too and he can't be replaced, not only by his talent and visions. Guys have their other band projects still, so maybe we will hear of them in the future. Hopefully Daniel has some projects going on too!

Reactions: Faffy and Sany
Well I kinda dissagree. It's a matter of point of view. Of course nobody ever could replace Alexi. His tallent was one thing, the atmosphere he was bringing - that's the point. But those three dudes started with great will and now will just quit. They were gathered together by Alexi, the easiest way is to give up and bury everything. They could delay the album and record more songs, not just what they recorded. They could start working on new album after that, because I'm sure all of them had something to say. In memory of Alexi at least, and in his name.

Look at Apocalyptica, they have only instrumentals and this is one of the best bands in the world. They have guest vocalists, it could work for a while till they find another one. Not another Alexi, another vocalist. Because starting a band is not a simple thing and a lot was put in this one for sure.

I would be glad for the three remaining guys of BAM if they'd continue together as a new band with another singer/guitar player. As sad as this all is for us, it must be especially terrible for them too. They just became good friends with Alexi last year and were looking forward to a whole new, very promising chapter of their career. Well, except Daniel, but he stayed with Alexi after COB ended for a reason, too.

It would be nice to see if they can still continue together after all the "build-up" they had as a band last year and make everything they can out of it. They obviously need another name - Bodom is Alexi, end of story. But I'm sure nobody would mind them playing 1-2 COB covers here and there at concerts in the future, as tribute to Alexi and the time they had together. Or even better the two new songs. I wish them all the best.

I too wish them the best of luck, but for now I don't really see them recording anything Bodom-related without Alexi.

It would be wonderful if old COB and Daniel play together a couple of shows but they are all busy for now so

Well I kinda dissagree. It's a matter of point of view. Of course nobody ever could replace Alexi. His tallent was one thing, the atmosphere he was bringing - that's the point. But those three dudes started with great will and now will just quit. They were gathered together by Alexi, the easiest way is to give up and bury everything. They could delay the album and record more songs, not just what they recorded. They could start working on new album after that, because I'm sure all of them had something to say. In memory of Alexi at least, and in his name.

Look at Apocalyptica, they have only instrumentals and this is one of the best bands in the world. They have guest vocalists, it could work for a while till they find another one. Not another Alexi, another vocalist. Because starting a band is not a simple thing and a lot was put in this one for sure.

I mean, Alexi was the soul of BAM because it was sort of continuation to CoB where he also made the songs by himself and almost everything you can hear in their songs are by Alexi's hand so I think no one can make similar stuff or even be so unique at riffs, melodies and stuff. Even with BAM.

Apocalyptica started as cover band afaik but after they started making their own music, they didn't try creating Metallica again. I don't know if you guys get my point and also I'm not very familiar at Apocalyptica's biography.

Reactions: Faffy
I too wish them the best of luck, but for now I don't really see them recording anything Bodom-related without Alexi.

It would be wonderful if old COB and Daniel play together a couple of shows but they are all busy for now so

Right, Bodom is done, the three guys would need to start from scratch musically, find their own sound, maybe a little similar to Bodom, but they need someone to write songs or maybe they can/want to write songs themselves anyways. Also, they'd need at least one new member.

The idea of the COB guys playing with Daniel, basically 4/5 of COB playing together once again, would be nice too, though I agree, IF it happens, it's probably far in the future. Also they'd need one badass guitar player and screamer for that occasion.

Right, Bodom is done, the three guys would need to start from scratch musically, find their own sound, maybe a little similar to Bodom, but they need someone to write songs or maybe they can/want to write songs themselves anyways. Also, they'd need at least one new member.

The idea of the COB guys playing with Daniel, basically 4/5 of COB playing together once again, would be nice too, though I agree, IF it happens, it's probably far in the future. Also they'd need one badass guitar player and screamer for that occasion.
Erm... I thing we mixed topics again, but anyway... Nothing will be the same again, and that's the biggest mistakes most bands are doing - trying to revive something from the past, sticking to old fame and golden days.
Be great, become great or give up and get your ass out of the stage. It would be the worst of the worst COB to get back together and start making covers of their own songs, like H.I.M. did. When you have nothing more to say just make a great shiny final and leave.

COB is over, but Bodom After Midnight ust started and they could be great. Nightwish used to search for the right vocalist after Tarja left for years. And they are even better now. I mean I've watched them live with Tarja and nobody could sing like she is singing, this woman is an angel in music. But Floor is setting the stage on fire, something even Tarja couldn't do. My point is they should not quit.

Erm... I thing we mixed topics again, but anyway... Nothing will be the same again, and that's the biggest mistakes most bands are doing - trying to revive something from the past, sticking to old fame and golden days.
Be great, become great or give up and get your ass out of the stage. It would be the worst of the worst COB to get back together and start making covers of their own songs, like H.I.M. did. When you have nothing more to say just make a great shiny final and leave.

COB is over, but Bodom After Midnight ust started and they could be great. Nightwish used to search for the right vocalist after Tarja left for years. And they are even better now. I mean I've watched them live with Tarja and nobody could sing like she is singing, this woman is an angel in music. But Floor is setting the stage on fire, something even Tarja couldn't do. My point is they should not quit.

The difference is, with Nightwish it would be like if both Tarja and Tuomas left at once back then. There wouldn't be much Nightwish left today if that had happened. But I get what you say, and I hope they can/want to continue. But that''s their decision...maybe they want to continue, maybe they need something completely new. We'll see what happens. The thing is, BAM had attention so far because it was Alexi's new band. Without him, they need to start from scratch.

There is some point I agree with, for example Nightwish: Floor is perfect as their singer but that band wouldn't continue without Tuomas, because he is the one who makes their music.

Also Ville Valo mainly did songs for HIM and I see no reason he wouldn't continue performing his work without other HIM members.

This is the reason I wouldn't see BAM without Alexi, because Daniel, Waltteri or Mitja isn't behind CoB stuff and I'm quite sure they let Alexi do music for BAM and arrangements. Perhaps some ideas came from guys, like drum or rhytm guitar stuff.

Of course it's a different thing, there are no two similar bands in the world. My point is if you force yourself to keep moving here is a way. Tarja was the vocalist, the face of the band. Band recovered and became even better. Those boys have tallent, and they could burst instead of wilth and die. Alexi started it, they could keep it and upgrade it.

P.S. Ville Valo didn't continue because his voice was at it's limits. Compare "Funeral of hearts" with "Scremworks" and you will see what I mean. I bought last two albums because of the respect to the band, it was my first band, "Poison Girl" in my nickname comes from their song. But he did good to finish with nice end and not turn his music into a joke.

Reactions: mutran
Of course it's a different thing, there are no two similar bands in the world. My point is if you force yourself to keep moving here is a way. Tarja was the vocalist, the face of the band. Band recovered and became even better. Those boys have tallent, and they could burst instead of wilth and die. Alexi started it, they could keep it and upgrade it.

P.S. Ville Valo didn't continue because his voice was at it's limits. Compare "Funeral of hearts" with "Scremworks" and you will see what I mean. I bought last two albums because of the respect to the band, it was my first band, "Poison Girl" in my nickname comes from their song. But he did good to finish with nice end and not turn his music into a joke.
HIM's biggest fan here. Completely agree. His voice just changed too sudden, compare Venus Doom to Tears on Tape, just 5 years gap and its quite notorius. Sigh.

Did Daniel do all the writing for his old band Naildown?
If he did then they atleast already have someone who is actually capable of writing songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.