Alexi passed away

Status
Not open for further replies.
" At Malmi graveyard today. It was quiet and peaceful. Grave itself is under a mighty tree, in a very beautiful place. After almost one years agony you are in the holy ground, at last. Rest in peace, my friend. You have deserved it. Love you. " - from BAM's group.

2WWvYbQ.jpg

Tales from the depths of lake Bodom pt 34

We have been touring a lot and in more than 60 countries. When having to fly or go by trains and sleeping in hotels, there would be no time to do pretty much anything else than getting sleep and preparing for the show.

However, on tours where we traveled by bus, and also slept on the bus, that meant there would be time to do stuff. You practically wake up in a new city and the show would be late in the evening. If no interviews or meet and greets are scheduled you are free to roam all day. Some of us would go and explore the city wherever we would be. Some of us would prefer sleeping and relaxing the whole day. Alexi was definitely part of the latter school.

This photo here is a real rarity. It's taken at the Hedelfinger strasse tram stop, near the legendary Longhorn LKA venue in Stuttgart, Germany. Some of the best shows and crowds and so many familiar faces always. We had played at this venue ever since the very first tours and Longhorn usually meant a big party since this is the home grounds of Nuclear Blast.

This rare moment captured by Janne is most likely on the Halo Of Blood -tour 2013. We are waiting for the tram to the city and to everybody’s surprise Alexi wanted to join us. With one condition: we would take a cab back!

dn3lmjk.jpg

So cool. The guy in the background has probably no idea he was standing right next to Alexi f#*ing Laiho!
Imagine that, you're commuting to work and Children of Bodom are just casually waiting around for the tram with you lol

Bet his mind would have been blown to smithereens if somebody told him!!

^Cool videos, but probably not the right thread to post them in.
Well I created this thread and I've read every post.

When he passed one year ago there were lots of posts of tribute videos and messages. So I don't think it's the wrong place for tribute videos that were created for the first anniversary of his death.

Anssi Kippo (Astia) shared an article that he wrote one year ago:

"
2b50.png
Happy bday Hate Crew Deathroll!
2b50.png

This cool Children Of Bodom album was released 19 years ago today! Read 18 Facts About The Recording Of Children Of Bodom's Hate Crew Deathroll Album at Astia-studio's blog!
1f918.png
1f525.png

https://astiastudio.fi/fi/tiesitko-...pQyCcP5TGPRqC32dllYQcY7zce9JU_aQfmb69GehYXxcw
English: https://astiastudio.fi/18-facts-about-the-recording-of-children-of-bodoms-hate-crew-deathroll-album/ "

And just I see a comment under this article/blog (Finnish version) from Anssi:

" Toivotaan, että joku hyvä Bodom-paketti ilmestyy jossain vaiheessa. Studioni varastoista löytyy myös useita Bodomien demoja, joita ei ole koskaan julkaistu missään formaatissa. "
Translate: " Hopefully some good Bodom package will come out at some point. There are also several demos of Bodom in the studio’s repositories that have never been released in any format. "

So... he has some more material than "Inearthed song". It's new for me. The Bodom package would be awesome... these demos, the SW song, the unreleased covers and CoBTV... hmm

Reactions: Faffy and Juggler
Status
Not open for further replies.