Alexi passed away

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ That was a pretty kick ass song and good solos. I wonder when Alexi recorded those.

It's from Annihilator's album Metal (2007), this version is partially re-recorded for a reissue. It's a guitar duel kinda thing, the leads with the brighter sound are by Jeff Waters and the ones with the softer tone are by Aleksi. In fact, sounds a lot like the tone from Hatebreeder days. Aleksi did these solos and Jeff was supposed to answer with a guest solo for that Bananarama song CoB covered but that song wasn't released for some reason. Years later, when they finally released it, there was no solo from Jeff, I'm still pissed about that :D

Reactions: COB-666
" Tales from the depths of lake Bodom pt 32

In the fall of 2015 we had something really exciting in the making: co-headliner tour with Lamb Of God in Europe. And on top of that, in UK we had the same package supporting Megadeth!

The tragic events in Paris led to many promoters to cancel their events and eventually Lamb Of God decided to fly back home because of the worsening security situation in Europe. It was a tough call for us too. However, we decided to keep going, even if many shows were now canceled or booked into smaller venues and we had no idea how many shows we could even play. At times it felt a little scary but at the same time we got the chance to play towns and venues we would have never probably played in “normal situation”.

For example, while rerouting the whole tour as we were driving somewhere in Germany from a closed venue to the next uncertain show, we got booked in Nova Gorica in Slovenia (with a super short notice, hats off to our booking agent, tour manager and the local promoters) and it was real pleasure to see how happy people were that we had made it there in those weird times.

These are souvenirs that we just received from John from Lamb of God. Our set list supporting Megadeth in Glasgow and the VIP COB-LOG passes for the co-headline tour nightly ‘meet and greets’ with fans. The other side of the pass has Lamb of God in it. Unfortunately many of these were left unused.

John asked us where to send these and wrote:
”Those combined meet and greets were the best I have ever had the pleasure of being part of. I could do a tour of just that!!!”

They truly were fun! Thanks John for sending these to us.

@jayceerva@lambofgod@megadeth "

LYi5LAS.jpg

RSvL3Zp.jpg

-----------------------------

Radio Suomirock has given an award and phrased Alexi’s life time achievement really well:

“Alexi Laiho changed guitar playing in metal music. In his playing you could hear influences from black metal to classical and all the genres of metal. Even if his playing was harsh and ruthless, it was technically brilliant and beautiful. Laiho’s ability to express emotion in his music was exceptional. The anger he could channel into his music creates a strong reaction in listeners.

Even if the guitar hero is away, the music and the memories live forever. The Radio Suomirock Life Time Achievement Award 2021 winner is Alexi Laiho.”

HxtdU66.jpg

Yeah the prices are hitting E-II SV/old ESP SV levels now. I still ended up ordering one to fill in the void in my heart left by my ex-RV350AL.

Looks like all the Edwards' have gone up in price since earlier this year. And none of them ship with a hard case any longer

Looks like all the Edwards' have gone up in price since earlier this year. And none of them ship with a hard case any longer
At least on Musamaailma's site some of the prices actually went down about the cost of the hard case. I paid roughly 1750€ for my AL-166 Pink Sawtooth which came with the hard ESP case back in late 2020. Currently it sits at 1659€ with the soft case. The price of the Scythe-model went up by 200€ though. It was around 1335€ when I got mine in early 2020.

At least on Musamaailma's site some of the prices actually went down about the cost of the hard case. I paid roughly 1750€ for my AL-166 Pink Sawtooth which came with the hard ESP case back in late 2020. Currently it sits at 1659€ with the soft case. The price of the Scythe-model went up by 200€ though. It was around 1335€ when I got mine in early 2020.
How can you argue the price has gone down when you get less value lmao

" Tales from the depths of lake Bodom pt 33

This photo is taken at Astia Studio in Lappeenranta Finland, end of 1998. Apparently we did have some breaks in between the hard work.
How did we end up here in this place far from Espoo, for the third time already? Jaska, having lived in Lappeenranta earlier knew Anssi Kippo thru a friend and we had decided to record our third demo tape in Anssi’s Astia Studio in Koulukatu Lappeenranta. After that it was natural to come back for the first full length album little later. And then one year later we came back to do Hatebreeder.

We asked Anssi himself what he remembers of this:

“I had been doing these guys’ live sound and I wanted to bring the energetic but tight playing on the record too. Something Wild had been done in quite a short time and now we raised the bar for the follow up. Hatebreeder was recorded at Astia Studio’s chronologically second location, in the center of Lappeenranta. We did everything very thoroughly which led to some issues with schedules. I think the only day off during that session was Christmas Eve. All the other days were pretty much 16 hours long. But still this session is one of the most memorable ones for me. It’s an honor to be part of this powerful record!”

#hatebreeder @astiastudio #anssikippo @alexander_kuoppala "

OGXZqTd.jpg

MBzWJjV.jpg

4DjeQva.jpg

3SGZEcc.jpg

MTj2JAa.jpg

r5EQIFm.jpg

6kF1CPd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.