Alexi passed away

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rest of the guys kept the COB name and rights
that's all fine, Aleksi agreed on it. The only thing I wouldn't be fine with is if this surge of commercial activity was them riding the hype wave after his death. I don't really know what sorta relationship they had when they split, but if one is to believe what Roope said, anything's possible

That's fair, but for as much as I love Roope I get the impression that the man hasn't had a coherent thought in probably the last decade.

Reactions: MattK
And what about the masks? This was a new picture with Alexi.

rajaus5-purple.jpg

Couldn't there have been some collaboration between them? Either way, some of those plans may have been born before Alexi died.
This is an interesting point. Corona didn't become a "thing" in Finland until late February / early March 2020, which would have been a couple months after the band split up, so clearly there's been some collaboration between them even after they split.

Reactions: COB-666
I really like the design of the backdrop Tee, but man for 75€... I could buy 2 shirts from that shop or even 3. I don't know...

I really like the design of the backdrop Tee, but man for 75€... I could buy 2 shirts from that shop or even 3. I don't know...

Yeah, it's a "little bit" expensive and some size is "sold out" already.
( " Ordered.❤ Unfortunately not L, but M so it's time to loose some weight!‍ " - a comment from Instagram )

82€ with the tax and shipping to Hungary. I bought one, because the shirt has a part of HCDR backdrop. This fabric saw Alexi, Alexander and everyone in the background at Tuska 2003 (for example). So, I guess it's expensive, because of autographs, the backdrop and the limited numbers. Mainly because of the backdrop (I think). I don't know, if I think about it (how much everything this fabric saw etc.)... may be worth it to me. But yeah, it's not cheap. Aaand.... it's not over yet. In principle, we will get more similar products. (Alix talked about it, he has had a t-shirt like this for a "long time". ) I will be curious about the other products and I hope those will be cheaper. : ))

Honestly, I'm just appaled at the way Janne, Henkka and Raska are "milking" the COB fans for all they can, surfing on the "vibe" created by Alexi's death. It is dishonest, and the worst is that fans actually fan for this. The moment Laiho passed, they should have called it quits and stopped doing anything Bodom related. Or if they intend to make as much money as possible off of merch, they should at least put something out (unreleased material, remasters, split tracks, new songs, etc) and not just beg for money with silly marketing tricks.
75€ for a T-shirt is beyond ridiculous and is borderline insulting for the fans.

I don't think they milking it without heart. It's usually something clever, like socks and other ridiculous things, "Bodom humour", hell I am looking forward to buy one of those " stealth" shirts, which is a really good idea for those who don't want to wear big ass logos all the time.
Also if you follow the backstage shop, many of the "old-school" shirts have run out. I'm so glad that I bought the Hatebreeder and the HOB ones in April.
The price of the backdrop shirt is yeah...probably because it's limited. Hope, one day they'll release the design on a normal tee as well.

Reactions: MattK and COB-666
Honestly, I'm just appaled at the way Janne, Henkka and Raska are "milking" the COB fans for all they can, surfing on the "vibe" created by Alexi's death. It is dishonest, and the worst is that fans actually fan for this. The moment Laiho passed, they should have called it quits and stopped doing anything Bodom related. Or if they intend to make as much money as possible off of merch, they should at least put something out (unreleased material, remasters, split tracks, new songs, etc) and not just beg for money with silly marketing tricks.
75€ for a T-shirt is beyond ridiculous and is borderline insulting for the fans.

The same as always...how is it "milking" the fans if they're the ones who decide what they buy? Either there is a demand for this stuff or not. Apparently there is and fans want it, so what's the problem? If someone is so weak that he can't resist buying something he doesn't want, that's HIS problem (and one he should think about), not the band's.

Also I think this all has nothing to do with Alexi's death. Most bands who end recording/touring "continue" like that, especially nowadays. They've been there for over 20 years, why should they act as if the band has never existed? I'm pretty sure this all would have been offered as well if Alexi would still be alive. People read way too much into actions from anybody since then.

And about unreleased stuff...from what we know, there isn't really much if anything left. I only heard about a demo from the "Something Wild" times, but that's it. Remasters are not really something very exciting and how the hell should there be new songs without Alexi?? We've heard the last new songs in April...as sad as it is, there is nothing really to look forward as there used to be. Merch is most likely the only "new" stuff there will be.

The same as always...how is it "milking" the fans if they're the ones who decide what they buy? Either there is a demand for this stuff or not. Apparently there is and fans want it, so what's the problem? If someone is so weak that he can't resist buying something he doesn't want, that's HIS problem (and one he should think about), not the band's.

Also I think this all has nothing to do with Alexi's death. Most bands who end recording/touring "continue" like that, especially nowadays. They've been there for over 20 years, why should they act as if the band has never existed? I'm pretty sure this all would have been offered as well if Alexi would still be alive. People read way too much into actions from anybody since then.

And about unreleased stuff...from what we know, there isn't really much if anything left. I only heard about a demo from the "Something Wild" times, but that's it. Remasters are not really something very exciting and how the hell should there be new songs without Alexi?? We've heard the last new songs in April...as sad as it is, there is nothing really to look forward as there used to be. Merch is most likely the only "new" stuff there will be.

" We've heard the last new songs in April... "
No. Jaska, Janne & Henkka talked about new/old songs and they will be released some unreleased cover songs as "new album" or something... and we will get a new COBTV as well. So yeah, some "new" CoB-material is on the way too, I don't know when, but I waiting for that moment. :)

" We've heard the last new songs in April... "
No. Jaska, Janne & Henkka talked about new/old songs and they will be released some unreleased cover songs as "new album" or something... and we will get a new COBTV as well. So yeah, some "new" CoB-material is on the way too, I don't know when, but I waiting for that moment. :)

Really? Where did they say that? I can imagine some cover songs left, but actual new/old songs from Alexi that are unreleased yet? I thought there was nothing left. I thought it was kinda ironic how even "Knuckleduster", the only non-album song of COB, made it to the album that turned
out to be their last.

Don't get me wrong, I hope there is still something left that's worth hearing. But especially right now, I don't really expect anything. It's kinda "too soon" and if you look at other bands, even some of the biggest bands, they have still some stuff unreleased after decades. So IF they really have more than some covers, who knows when they will release that.

I think the best option would still be live footage on DVD or Blu-ray...there was nothing released besides the one DVD so far, so why not change that and release some of their best recorded live footage? Could make a nice 2-DVD-set or something like that and would be 100% COB.

About another COBTV...wasn't that supposed to happen already for a long time? I thought that rumor goes back to the times when the band still existed. Also, with all that happened, seeing another video with them being drunk wouldn't be the most appropriate thing to do after Alexi's death imo. All that "party and drink like crazy" shit turned out pretty dark in the end.

I recall Anssi saying there was no Bodom songs left from any of the albums he did and Alexi said a few times in interviews that COB didn't do B-sides. I'd love to know what they have to still be released. A best of live DVD would be awesome but with youtube those aren't really worthwhile anymore.

" I can imagine some cover songs left, but actual new/old songs from Alexi that are unreleased yet? "
No, they have only cover songs, I think.
Yeah, but... I don't know... I'm curious about COBTV part 4. And yes, a new documentary DVD (with Alexander?) or something would be awesome. (YT, torrent etc. yeah, but for example: Arch Enemy released "As The Stages Burn!" live-DVD in 2017, Amon Amarth released "The Pursuit Of Vikings" documentary & live-DVD in 2018. So... why not? I know what they said about the DVD-release, but... it is still would be awesome.)

" Really? Where did they say that? "
Here:

Last edited:
I recall Anssi saying there was no Bodom songs left from any of the albums he did and Alexi said a few times in interviews that COB didn't do B-sides. I'd love to know what they have to still be released. A best of live DVD would be awesome but with youtube those aren't really worthwhile anymore.

there is one song, Talking of The Trees recorded when they recorded Something Wild. Anssi have this song.

I'll take anything they have, whether partially produced, no vocals, no solos, Anything. Like that unfinished Sinergy album.

And definitely a live DVD of more recent footage with high quality audio. That would be fantastic.

Reactions: Ragehead
there is one song, Talking of The Trees recorded when they recorded Something Wild. Anssi have this song.

But.. it's a song from Inearthed : P so not really "new", maybe they have implemented some changes (?) and make it better quality...

how is it "milking" the fans if they're the ones who decide what they buy? Either there is a demand for this stuff or not. Apparently there is and fans want it, so what's the problem? If someone is so weak that he can't resist buying something he doesn't want, that's HIS problem (and one he should think about), not the band's.

This argument could be used in defense of every since sect/pyramid scheme. "Well, not our fault if people are too stupid/emotionally weak not to buy what we sell. It's THEIR problem".

But.. it's a song from Inearthed : P so not really "new", maybe they have implemented some changes (?) and make it better quality...

Well it is kinda new, since it was recorded for SW with better sound, and they did some changes. They removed The female vocal part and added som guitar part instead of. I really would love to Get that song.

" Tales from the depths of lake Bodom pt 29

All the way from very early studio sessions until I worship Chaos we always recorded some cover songs along with our own material. Sometimes it was really tough to find suitable songs to cover. We usually had the habit of if everybody bringing few ideas to table and then choosing few that we started to practice and arrange. Sometimes we had to ditch a good song cos it just wouldn’t work for us.

While recording Trashed Lost we decided to do some Andrew WK, as we had been blasting his stuff a lot especially while touring.

When our “Trashed Lost & Strungout” single was certified gold in Finland we wanted to make one award for Andrew WK too as the B-side was our cover of “She is Beautiful”.

“Alexi and I were big fans” recalls Janne. “I had the award in my suitcase when we went to tour the US and we got Andrew’s phone number from someone in the management. We were just too nervous to make the call. I remember Alexi and I in the back lounge of the tourbus trying to gather confidence to call him. I think there was some missed calls back and forth. However we never got confirmation if he got the award.
So how is it Andrew, did you ever get it?” "

ZgmiR8U.jpg

Reactions: Ragehead
Status
Not open for further replies.