Alexi passed away

Status
Not open for further replies.
" I can imagine some cover songs left, but actual new/old songs from Alexi that are unreleased yet? "
No, they have only cover songs, I think.

Well okay, that's what I meant with "no unreleased (COB) songs". ;) As nice as their covers are, unreleased COB songs would be far more interesting of course.

there is one song, Talking of The Trees recorded when they recorded Something Wild. Anssi have this song.

That's the one I heard of. And perhaps the only one they still have.

This argument could be used in defense of every since sect/pyramid scheme. "Well, not our fault if people are too stupid/emotionally weak not to buy what we sell. It's THEIR problem".

No lol.

The same as always...how is it "milking" the fans if they're the ones who decide what they buy? Either there is a demand for this stuff or not. Apparently there is and fans want it, so what's the problem? If someone is so weak that he can't resist buying something he doesn't want, that's HIS problem (and one he should think about), not the band's.

Also I think this all has nothing to do with Alexi's death. Most bands who end recording/touring "continue" like that, especially nowadays. They've been there for over 20 years, why should they act as if the band has never existed? I'm pretty sure this all would have been offered as well if Alexi would still be alive. People read way too much into actions from anybody since then.

And about unreleased stuff...from what we know, there isn't really much if anything left. I only heard about a demo from the "Something Wild" times, but that's it. Remasters are not really something very exciting and how the hell should there be new songs without Alexi?? We've heard the last new songs in April...as sad as it is, there is nothing really to look forward as there used to be. Merch is most likely the only "new" stuff there will be.

It's just weird to launch a merch webshop more than a year after a band splits up. Every band that keeps selling merch when they're technically defunct, are basically milking it.

It's just weird to launch a merch webshop more than a year after a band splits up. Every band that keeps selling merch when they're technically defunct, are basically milking it.

Thank god we have nothing more important in life and in the world to complain about! :rolleyes: A COB webshop selling some shirts is truly something worth moaning about!

Dude, you're the one turning this into some form serious argument. I'm not taking exception to it, I was simply saying that I find it sad to see my favorite band reduced to money-begging. It's a statement, not a harangue.

Thank god we have nothing more important in life and in the world to complain about! :rolleyes: A COB webshop selling some shirts is truly something worth moaning about!

Yeah, it's not really like i was moaning about it, just would've hoped this kind of thing were beneath my idols. I guess i just expected some more integrity and dignity.
We've come to a difference in opinion, and that's perfectly fine, it is a discussion forum after all.

Attachments

• unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: CharIie
Kristen's post in april 09, 2021. I don't saw this...

FF0n7ht.png

ncuLhJE.jpg

vwYUwgH.jpg

wh9HGl7.jpg

pXnM2Wv.jpg

0GKdOfu.jpg

The pics of Kristen are lovely memories.

@Local Band: This 80ths/90ths hair metal/hard rock stuff is not so much my thing, but I really enjoy how the guys enjoyed themselves.

Reactions: Faffy and COB-666
" Tales from the depths of Lake Bodom pt 30

In the spring of 2005 we had our songs for the next album ready. Instead of going to a studio we decided to try something new. We rented a house in a beautiful spot in east Helsinki, and brought all the necessary gear in. That was the first time we recorded an album somewhere else than in a studio. Drums were recorded in Finnvox but everything else was done in this place called Hastholmen.

When the recording part was done we and the label invited some press and other important people to listen to the album. Well actually only part of it as the album was not yet finished. Not to mention mastering. We remember our producer and engineer Mikko Karmila was a ‘little’ doubtful about how this could work out, not having the mastered versions for the listening session.

But we had good time, it was a beautiful day, and as you can see from this nice “info sheet” (thanks @tupulele for sharing it) we were listening to the songs, doing some interviews, sauna and the sea, of course some bbq and so forth.

Which 5 tracks of this album you think you would have chosen for the press if you got to choose? "

8CAyi3o.jpg

miUtIIT.jpg

Z112sJA.jpg

It's even more than sad because they couldn't make their peace with Alexi. They fought, they disbanded and they stopped talking. Covid restrictions made it easy not to run randomly into each other in a club or gig or festival.

Reactions: PussyfootMS
" Tales from the depths of lake Bodom pt 31

In 2009 we managed to fulfill one of our lifelong dreams. We would finally go to Hawaii. And not only for visit but we got to play a show too!!!

Our month long tour in North America ended in Arizona on the 12th of October and after that we had shows lined up in Japan. The one and only Loudpark festival would host us on the 19th October in Tokyo.

With the great effort from our agent, manager and tour manager we managed to fit a show in between the North American tour and Japan. Meaning we would stop on the way for the first ever Bodom show in Hawaii!!!

The day after landing on Oahu we would play at the Pipeline Cafe in the Hawaiian capital city Honolulu. The club was really good and the show was small but very intense and loads of fun. We
remember it like yesterday!

After the show the most hospitable locals took us out to show how Honolulu parties! We were super lucky to have two more days to enjoy the beautiful Oahu, with our new local friends who would show the best spots, sights, history and foods, before we would get on a plane and keep going west, to actually end up in the east. Crossing the international date line really messes you up by the way.

Those times Henkka was carrying his father’s Nikkormat from the early 1970’s and took this shot of our new Hawaiian friends, Jaska and our crew guys, trying to capture the laid back feeling and warmth of those days we had in Oahu, probably at Ala Moana beach in Honolulu just before sunset.

Mahalo mau loa "

tPHxOGy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.