Not open for further replies.
VjGS0zZ.png

JuBPSF1.jpg

uwuuRgW.png

FZEA9Cs.jpg

MVntL5a.png

yVVoE7k.jpg

<3

My first Metal band ever. The most influential band, not just musically but attitude-wise as well, to me and my youth. For both good and bad I suppose. Alexi and his music has affected a lot of people and I hope he can finally rest from the throes he has written about since he was a teenager.

RIP Wildchild

Truly couldn't focus on any work today, this is really heartbreaking. Bodom's music has got me through so much in my life, all the ups and downs. Alexi's growls and riffs were always there to keep me going. Discovered them in 2004 and never missed a show in town since. Had the chance to meet and share a drink a couple times, genuinely a great dude and the sole reason I picked up a music instrument. Rest in Peace Alexi:(

I haven't been hit this hard since Dimebag. Really has been a shit and completely unexpected day. Thank you all for posting links with the stories. The Kimberly Goss ones are really getting to me. I deeply miss those Sinergy days as well. Was such a great time in music.

It still feels fucking unreal even after sleeping one night over it.

The more I think about all this, the weirder it gets.
Not my Funeral is probably my most listened to Bodom song over the years. The song that is about his early death.

Also, in the last December week I started listening to the Are You Dead Yet Album again after not listening to it for like half a year or even longer. It's almost like his music wanted to tell me that he died.....

I really don't know how if I can ever get hyped for any new music again.
Sure, there are some other bands besides Bodom I enjoy listening to, but none of them comes even close to Bodom.

And now Alexis final music will be released under the name Bodom After Midnight.... After Midnight it is indeed.

The night before the news I took down all my COB posters because I'm moving to a new apartment. It felt so unrealistic, like it was some dream, when I kept looking at the blank white walls yesterday. No more Alexi. Like he had never been there. It was a weird coincidence.

This dude has been in my everyday life so much. I listen to his interviews every day, listen to his music every day. People say I sound like him when I talk.
I would fuckin blast Hatebreeder when walking to school when I was 11. I had a thrifted long leather jacket, too big boots and in the winter the sun doesn't rise until like 10 so I would walk in the darkness. The music felt so angry and scary and it made me feel strong.

I have never felt so instantly hooked like I was when I first heard them. I just remember that as a kid I was always angry as fuck for being treated like shit at school but also I was kinda raised so that you can't show negative emotions. I had never heard anything so fuckin aggressive. It made me feel unbelievably strong.

I never had many friends, I was kind of an outcast, scared of trying things and talking to people. COB helped me believe in myself. Job interview in 10 minutes? Lets listen to Bodom Beach Terror and get over it.

When I was 18 I planned to end my life, it was a weird feeling I never got before. I didn't want to but I felt like I have to, it was scary as hell. For some reason COB playing In The Shadows live was something I always wanted to see and they announced that they would do that. Waiting for that show kind of forced me to get through the worst of it and that night finally I just had so much fucking fun, it was pretty much an obsession with the shows from then on.

I was listening to Halo Of Blood when I got my drivers license and since then, COB has taken me to many roadtrips acriss the country.

If I ever was scared or depressed, Alexi,'s interviews and music would cheer me up. So many friends I met through the love for him. I will miss those concert trips like crazy.

So many great things flash in my mind. I can' t believe this, I want to put the posters back up, throw my phone out the window, clise the curtains and pretend it's still 2009. I have never lost a close loved one. This feels like a death in the family to me. And I would manage this far better if it was just a deep grief, but I don't feel anything for a while and then I look at something or hear something and just remember and my stomach drops and I get tears in my eyes.

Yesterday was just hard to breathe.

Can't this just be a dream we coukd wake up from

The night before the news I took down all my COB posters because I'm moving to a new apartment. It felt so unrealistic, like it was some dream, when I kept looking at the blank white walls yesterday. No more Alexi. Like he had never been there. It was a weird coincidence.

This dude has been in my everyday life so much. I listen to his interviews every day, listen to his music every day. People say I sound like him when I talk.
I would fuckin blast Hatebreeder when walking to school when I was 11. I had a thrifted long leather jacket, too big boots and in the winter the sun doesn't rise until like 10 so I would walk in the darkness. The music felt so angry and scary and it made me feel strong.

I have never felt so instantly hooked like I was when I first heard them. I just remember that as a kid I was always angry as fuck for being treated like shit at school but also I was kinda raised so that you can't show negative emotions. I had never heard anything so fuckin aggressive. It made me feel unbelievably strong.

I never had many friends, I was kind of an outcast, scared of trying things and talking to people. COB helped me believe in myself. Job interview in 10 minutes? Lets listen to Bodom Beach Terror and get over it.

When I was 18 I planned to end my life, it was a weird feeling I never got before. I didn't want to but I felt like I have to, it was scary as hell. For some reason COB playing In The Shadows live was something I always wanted to see and they announced that they would do that. Waiting for that show kind of forced me to get through the worst of it and that night finally I just had so much fucking fun, it was pretty much an obsession with the shows from then on.

I was listening to Halo Of Blood when I got my drivers license and since then, COB has taken me to many roadtrips acriss the country.

If I ever was scared or depressed, Alexi,'s interviews and music would cheer me up. So many friends I met through the love for him. I will miss those concert trips like crazy.

So many great things flash in my mind. I can' t believe this, I want to put the posters back up, throw my phone out the window, clise the curtains and pretend it's still 2009. I have never lost a close loved one. This feels like a death in the family to me. And I would manage this far better if it was just a deep grief, but I don't feel anything for a while and then I look at something or hear something and just remember and my stomach drops and I get tears in my eyes.

Yesterday was just hard to breathe.

Can't this just be a dream we coukd wake up from

Stay strong!
Yesterday was tough as hell, today it feels a little better after seeing all the posts from you all and so many on instagram.
I listened to the whole of Are You Dead Yet? yesterday, the first album I bought from CoB, and this morning I listened to Tokyo Warhearts, probably my favorite album ever. It felt a lot better after that, like he isn't gone as long as I could hear his music. The energy was there and it made me happy.

I had a similar experience a few days ago. I own an Edwards blacky that has been the most important guitar in my life since I bought it 2011. I never thought of selling it but haven't played it in a while now. So during the weekend for the first time ever the thought of selling it hit me. Also I haven't been listening to CoB for some time but they have been on my mind the last few days.
It just feels strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.