Alexi passed away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still the best cover art imho. It's just pure aggression, which fits the album very well.

Well they picked that song. The question would rather be how they came up with the title of the song. But since Alexi wrote the lyrics and the songs had different names before the lyrics were added to them, Alexi would be the one to answer that question.

You're in luck! Alexi had his thoughts on this written down in his biography. I listened to it as a soundbook, so I can't tell you exactly where it was or the precise wording. The hatecrew thing came from a crewmember that signed a tag on some of their stuff or something and Alexi thought it was cool. Deathroll comes from payroll. Thus a list of people to be pit to death by the hatecrew. Might have gotten this wrong, but I'll get a hardcopy of the book someday soon and will be able to verify.

You're in luck! Alexi had his thoughts on this written down in his biography. I listened to it as a soundbook, so I can't tell you exactly where it was or the precise wording. The hatecrew thing came from a crewmember that signed a tag on some of their stuff or something and Alexi thought it was cool. Deathroll comes from payroll. Thus a list of people to be pit to death by the hatecrew. Might have gotten this wrong, but I'll get a hardcopy of the book someday soon and will be able to verify.

here's the passing in the book. went over it last night and thought of you guys posting here.

Attachments

• HCDR.jpg
    HCDR.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 66
pussy foot - for some reason i always had a feeling he was talking about kim. dont know why other than Kim seems like the typical goth girl i knew back in school that was always said she would kill herself and would cut herself but would never actually do it. Im probably wrong but its where my mind went.

seems plausible, hell with the “suicide by my side” album title/song

" Tales from the depths of lake Bodom pt 10

In our early years Impaled Nazarene took us to cool new places. Our third trip together with them was to Greece in 2000 where we played two shows, one in Athens and one in Thessaloniki.

Most of us had been listening to their stuff for years so these trips meant a lot for us, not only as musicians but also as fan boys. This same year Impaled released Nihil on which Alexi played lead guitar.

Do you guys know what were the two trips with them before this? "

dHR5gjx.jpg

W9sL6Qf.jpg

Reactions: Ragehead and Woffer
here's the passing in the book. went over it last night and thought of you guys posting here.

Ah ok, that's not too bad actually."Hate Crew" is a cool term, but I always thought "deathroll" sounded dumb. I thought they've gotten it from rock'n roll + death or something like that. The military term makes more sense of course. Still makes for a silly album title though.

Reactions: Woffer
Ah ok, that's not too bad actually."Hate Crew" is a cool term, but I always thought "deathroll" sounded dumb. I thought they've gotten it from rock'n roll + death or something like that. The military term makes more sense of course. Still makes for a silly album title though.
Miltary lingo makes perfect sense now, when you look at how the guys used to dress back then :)

Fck it, I'm getting camo-pants, who's with me?

Reactions: COB-666 and MattK
I used to also rock that look during my early teenage years but kinda grew out of it. It's true tho that you don't see that look around anymore as much as ten years ago.

Reactions: NewHewkas
" Some original lyrics found at Astia Studio. Who knows what other things we left there after the HCDR sessions. Well, Anssi probably knows. "

7vD5aTG.jpg

Damn, someone find those 12 unreleased/unrecorded songs from the HCDR era forgotten in some drawer.

Damn, someone find those 12 unreleased/unrecorded songs from the HCDR era forgotten in some drawer.
Are you serious about this or just joking? 12 Unrecorded Songs from the time of the best album...

I think I would prefer them staying lost because knowing that there are 12 songs by Alexi from his best writing phase that he never recorded would be a nightmare.

Are you serious about this or just joking? 12 Unrecorded Songs from the time of the best album...

I think I would prefer them staying lost because knowing that there are 12 songs by Alexi from his best writing phase that he never recorded would be a nightmare.

Just wishful thinking

" Tales from the depths of lake Bodom pt 11

This is not just any paper. This is the fax from Claudia from Nuclear Blast to Spinefarm. This here finally says that our first ever tour abroad was actually going to happen. The ‘glamourous’ routing Helsinki-Stockholm-Borlange didn’t undermine the excitement at all.

We remember we landed in Borlange around noon and were excited to start the tour. And then there was nobody. Literally. The super small airport in the middle
of nowhere in Sweden was practically empty. Nobody holding any signs or anything. No chauffeurs.

We just waited with our gear outside. And waited. It felt like an eternity. So was it all too good to be true? Is the tour canceled?

Then some hours (and beers) later a tour bus appeared from somewhere. The guys from Hypocrisy warmly welcomed us on board the bus that would be our home for the next two weeks. And the ride towards Hamburg would start. The ride towards our first show ever outside Finland.

Did any of you guys see this tour? "

7AW1NWh.jpg

" Just found this paper amongst some other cob stuff. Jaska or Anssi can’t remember what trip this was, but probably one of the very early Finnish “tours” when Anssi did sound and tourmanaging and also drove the van. This was most likely aimed for Jaska’s parents.

‘A. Kippo sleeps downstairs. Do not wake up in any circumstances. Long stretch done. Jaska’ "

ZIawjzy.jpg

"AstiaStudio" answered:

" Those were the days! ❤️ Instead of dumping the band at the rehearsal place after live show Anssi always drove each member to their home door. As Jaska lived the furthest and Anssi still had 3 hour drive, sometimes rest was needed... "

Status
Not open for further replies.