Alexi V

cobhc34

New Metal Member
Dec 15, 2005
they closed my tother thred.

but anybody that has one or has seen one of the V's that ESP is exporting to america. is it good quality or is it one of there cheeper ones?

i figured that... iv seen pics of it but i dunno if there gunna give us a good guitar or give us a cheepo LTD version

Elysian893 said:
either way it won't compare to a real Rhoads V.

Unless you like body contours and the cutaway at the neck... and MUCH cooler paintjobs...

My friend has a Rhoads V and a Laiho V, the Laiho is much more comfortable to play... Swap the pickup with a Rhoads and I think you have a winner.

In Your Face said:
Unless you like body contours and the cutaway at the neck... and MUCH cooler paintjobs...

My friend has a Rhoads V and a Laiho V, the Laiho is much more comfortable to play... Swap the pickup with a Rhoads and I think you have a winner.
the paint job on alexi's v is a ripoff of the origional Rhoads, which is similar to how the RR5 cream with white pinstripes is. you are such a noob. the "body contour"=neck joint that sucks at life on the laiho sig, and the "cutaway" is pointless for a Rhoads V, as accessing the 22nd fret is super easy. the biggest difference is 24 frets that aren't as easy to access as a 22 fret Rhoads V, bravo esp, you really revolutionized things.

the 24 fret JS30 and 35 series are easy to access, as the neck joint starts lower on the body, ala the King V, why does the laiho sig need a cutaway again?

Elysian893 said:
the 24 fret JS30 and 35 series are easy to access, as the neck joint starts lower on the body, ala the King V, why does the laiho sig need a cutaway again?

It looks cool. haha

I dislike the paintjob on the older Rhoads... The gold hardware it had was a turn off too. Also, the pickguard is lame as balls.

And I was referring to Alexi's black guitars.

FUCK why am I such a noob? You do know your shit, though. I can't deny that.

Regardless to whether or not the cutaway is needed, its still nice to have.

i saw a jackson star Rhoads V that was similar to the RR1 that had all black hardware but the black pinstripe design, similar to what i did to mine before i stripped off the paint... and the pick guard imo is a staple of the guitar

btw, i may know a bit now, but i'm really gonna know my shit when i go to luthiery school in feb.

i like this over the black alexi sig
RR5_Rhoads_xl.jpg

Perfect guitar, for me: 24 frets, Humbucker bridge, SC neck, and a fine-tuning tremolo(currently I'm gassing for a sexy ZR one). And knobs galore.

Yeah, I have a feeling that the Alexi sig their gonna release in America isn't gonna hone up to the Euro models. Do they make RR5's with a whammy bar/tremelo arm?:err:

Elysian893 said:
i got to try a ZR one the other day, it was neat... but it couldn't do the flutter thing lol... but its cool if you break a string it stays in tune
Damn...then I'll have to get an OFR

BloodyScalpel said:
Damn...then I'll have to get an OFR
get a lo pro edge hehe, you won't be disappointed. replaceable knife edges, improved saddles, pop in whammy bar, no more screwing it in, locking studs(if you buy a whole lo pro edge kit), stability is just so much better on the edge. oh, and the springs on the back are secured onto the tremelo via a bar and screw... and theres a bit more bulk to an edge, and an improved counterweight... all in all a better design.

one thing that confuses me about floating trems is i know the original floyd can do things the licenced ones cant (random guess that flutter thing is one whatever it is), but what other bridges can do these extra fancy things as well

oh and whats so good about that trem kerry king uses?

Elysian893 said:
the paint job on alexi's v is a ripoff of the origional Rhoads, which is similar to how the RR5 cream with white pinstripes is. you are such a noob. the "body contour"=neck joint that sucks at life on the laiho sig, and the "cutaway" is pointless for a Rhoads V, as accessing the 22nd fret is super easy. the biggest difference is 24 frets that aren't as easy to access as a 22 fret Rhoads V, bravo esp, you really revolutionized things.

Don't waste your time on this guy. He obviously doesn't know what he's talking about.