All Kalmah'd out?

kalmah42090

Jul 12, 2007
Florida
www.myspace.com
Sadly, the past few times i've sat down to listen to a Kalmah album, I get discouraged, and bored. It doens't have the same effect on me as it once did. The only album i can consistently listen to, and enjoy it in it's entirety is For the Revolution. That's because it's still fairly "new". Don't get me wrong, I still LOVE Kalmah, i'm just gonna have to not listen to em for a while:cry:

Has anybody else ever had this happen to them?

Its called getting burned out, and humans can get burned out on anything doesn't matter what it is. You will be craving more after a while, its a disease you will have it forever.

yea, i've been listening to them for about a year and a half...your time will come...lol

EDIT: I know this is kinda a stupid thread, but I noticed the forum hadn't been very active lately, so I was trying to get something flowin.

lol interesting thread
recently I loaded up the black waltz album (been listening to the new one)
and when The Groan of Wind started
I was like "OMGGGGGGG"
yep it was amazing lol

ive been listening to kalmah for over 5 years and I have never gotten tired of any album. But i guess cuz i listen to so much other stuff as well. when you have tons of other bands to listen to, its tough to get bored of any band. but yea, there hasnt been much new threads!!

Yeah not with Kalmah but if I listen to one of my favorite bands over and over again it happens.....it loses the effect it once had on you.

That's why no matter how much I like an album I never listen to it constantly

The only exception is Wintersun....that never gets old

Same here. It's normal that you get tired of something when you listen to it all the time. Then you just need a break. I experience this sickness once in a while. For me it just never happens with Hypocrisy. Well, and it never happened with Kalmah (yet). ^^

I got burned out on them, too. It's nothing personal or disrespectful to the band; it happens with anything in life if you do it too much. I got burned out on my favorite band in the world, Nevermore, about a year ago because I listened to them nonstop for almost 3 years straight. That's the way it goes in music. The craving for something new always surfaces, and when it does, that means you're getting tired of the current substance. Sometimes you have to sacrifice things to sustain their longevity. For example, I recently (finally) got Quintessence by Borknagar, and after one listen I knew I could poetntially listen to it every day for a few months, but realized I would do some major damage if I did because it would wear thin after a short time. Now I try to listen to songs and bands that are new only once in a while instead of nonstop. It's hard keeping track of all of them, though.

Yea, there is sooo much good music to listen to out there, taht it is EXTREMELY hard to keep track of it all, and you may lose a gem here and there =[

That's why I use Amazon's wishlist to store stuff = ]

But the list of recommendations is sometimes very shitty in parts. I remember I once got Slipknot as a recommendation because I bought Swallow the Sun o_O There's not really much in common,is it XD Kinda strange,but well... ^^

hmmmm interesting
coz I started listening to the old albums (starting from swamplord and ending with The Black Waltz) again! ATM I'm hooked on They will return ... going back and forth between They will return and the blind leader. The problem that I have is that I think the Black Waltz kicked more ass than for the revolution on the whole.