All natural drum test!

I've been using slate samples to replace drums for quite some time.. so i thought i should probably try NOT replacing drums and actually mixing raw ones... So this is my attempt
Sorry for the crappy drumming i didnt practice with the song before i played it hah.
Sm57 on the snare, Sennheiser e604's on toms, Audix D6 on kick, ATM450's for overheads and i used a AKG perception 200 for the room mic in front of the kit.
Opinions? http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/95609-drumtest.mp3

can you post the song with loud Vox etc? :)
Drums sound very good, a bit more click (as earlier said) would make it even better though

Kudos on the song choice :headbang: TMV has become a fave in recent months. Their new drummer is insane. I like the mix, but a little more attack on the drum, a coax a bit more crack out of the snare. Cheers

Not bad at all :) That's definately The Mars Volta, i'm hearing the headphones/whatever ;)

Only missing those badass ghostnotes from the original track :) Don't worry, i think it's a pretty hard song to play too :0

Whoa! hah thanks guys! im glad to hear my work is liked! ... I have a pearl export series, and a Tama starclassic 13 x ... something hah snare. Remo powerstroke 3 on the bass. For plugs.. i Have pro tools m-powered so i used the Pro tools Eq3 on the bass and snare and oh's . BF76 compressor on the bass, BF compressor on snare with some d-verb, just a high pass on the cymbals, Then on the drum buss i used the Rcomp with the drum preset... i messed with it a little. and TAPE HEAD! after that.. thats about it... if anyone is interested i can put up some EQ settings