"All Time Favorite Maiden Album"?

I can't pin point one fav. I'd say Killers through Seventh Son are the classics, everything else follows very close behind. Wow, what a GREAT band!

its one of them.... it is a special one for me bc dance of death is the album that came out when i was in early highschool. so i played the crap out of it.

@CCshred: Coolness...will have to add that to the list ;)

What's the verdict on the "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son" album?, I know someone mentioned that as a fave before but how do you guys feel about that one?

Here's a level-headed,friendly advice for you,CC007! I got the feeling that you're new to Iron Maiden itself,and you're trying to find those albums which contains the songs that our beloved ladies plays most frequently in their set,so you're not gonna be totally unfamiliar with the songs on the show.If that's the case,then you don't have to spend a shitload of money to get the individual albums,just buy the "Essential Iron Maiden" compilation CD,and it'll have at least 75% of those songs. ;)

But if you really do want to get familiar with all of their albums,here's a quick review to know what you can expect.Depending on your personal taste,if you want to hear:

-classic old school metal with a screaming singer and uncompromised metal sound,get TNOTB,Piece of mind and Powerslave.

-classic old school metal with a slightly punk-ish style singing,get Iron Maiden and Killers.

-progressive rock/metal with wonderful melodies,lots of keyboards and a screaming singer,get 7th son,Brave new world,Dance of death,Matter of life and death,and Final frontier.

-progressive rock/metal with a dark sound,lots of keyboards and a mediocre,depressing singer,get the X-factor and Virtual XI.

-classic metal with weird 80's sci-fi influenced sound,guitar synths,and a screaming singer,get Somewhere in time.

-almost american style hard rock/metal with a screaming singer,get No prayer for the dying and Fear of the dark.

All Maiden albums are good on their own,but as you can see,there's quite a variety between their sound.Choose what you like the most first,it'll make a much better experience.

Here's a level-headed,friendly advice for you,CC007! I got the feeling that you're new to Iron Maiden itself,and you're trying to find those albums which contains the songs that our beloved ladies plays most frequently in their set,so you're not gonna be totally unfamiliar with the songs on the show.If that's the case,then you don't have to spend a shitload of money to get the individual albums,just buy the "Essential Iron Maiden" compilation CD,and it'll have at least 75% of those songs. ;)

But if you really do want to get familiar with all of their albums,here's a quick review to know what you can expect.Depending on your personal taste,if you want to hear:

-classic old school metal with a screaming singer and uncompromised metal sound,get TNOTB,Piece of mind and Powerslave.

-classic old school metal with a slightly punk-ish style singing,get Iron Maiden and Killers.

-progressive rock/metal with wonderful melodies,lots of keyboards and a screaming singer,get 7th son,Brave new world,Dance of death,Matter of life and death,and Final frontier.

-progressive rock/metal with a dark sound,lots of keyboards and a mediocre,depressing singer,get the X-factor and Virtual XI.

-classic metal with weird 80's sci-fi influenced sound,guitar synths,and a screaming singer,get Somewhere in time.

-almost american style hard rock/metal with a screaming singer,get No prayer for the dying and Fear of the dark.

All Maiden albums are good on their own,but as you can see,there's quite a variety between their sound.Choose what you like the most first,it'll make a much better experience.

Thanks E.O.G. ;). Actually my friend made a custom compilation(2 discs) for me already which I've been listening to for the last few months *lol*. From that, I had no idea which song was on what album, so I've been trying to get a feel from everyone else out there on which album they liked and why. I've always had mad respect for both The Maidens and Iron Maiden for their musicianship alone above anything. It's incredibly tight. You're right, from album to album there's a constant growth and variety that goes with each one. It's a matter of which one to dive into first. For me?... it's gonna be "Powerslave" :). Loading that into my mp3 player to listen to while heading to San Diego later today :). I wanna hear that as a whole experience, then pick another album of choice to see what's up.

As for the ladies...listen...as far as I'm concerned, they could play the theme to "The Love Boat" and I bet it would still kick ass :). I think they're fucking amazing, and can't wait to see them play live. Thanks again E.O.G. Peace! :D

I was sure they used them on it too but who knows! The wiki only listed synths, but no keyboards.

If I remember correctly,I've read it in some interview,that they didn't talk about it,and didn't put it on the cover,'cos the using of synths and keyboards were sort of like taboo back then.They've been heavily criticized by hardcore fans for the sound of Somewhere in time,anyway. I guess,later the fans made peace with it,though.

Got my hands on both the "Piece Of Mind" and "Powerslave" albums this afternoon...thanks mo ;). Will spend the weekend soaking these in. :)

I would have to go with Seventh Son too.

Basically its a great album, some catchy songs, some amazing music and I just cant get enough of the album cover.

I would also have to say Live after death. (I know its not really an album as such)
I own the original on vinyl and its simply a masterpiece.

Scream for me Long Beach!
The quality of the recording is amazing considering it was done in 1984??

Hehe...here's an idea for the ladies,when they play in Long Beach:You don't have to think for a second to put the setlist together...just play the entire Live After Death album! :headbang: :lol: Pretty sure no one would complain... :p