All you need to know about Finnish language...

can someone plz translate few things to me:
-the beginning and the end of 'Somebody put sth in my drink'
-the middle and the end of 'Ooops, I did it again'
...COb crew really enjoys in confusing their non-finnish fans around the globe:))...well, love them anyway...
And if anybody here likes Sonata Arctica, I'll need a little help about them too:)
hugs

Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood said:
Although just tell me something: Is the a with the points on top pronounced like in Deutsch or whta? Please tell me.

No. It is not relating with that Deutsch umlaut-thing you are talking about. Finnish pronunciation is hard to explain...

Sepulchre said:
No. It is not relating with that Deutsch umlaut-thing you are talking about. Finnish pronunciation is hard to explain...

Damn, I was hopoing it was with the umlaut (I forgot the name that time..jeje).

If you could relate the sound to any sound in English, Spanish or Deutsch (even Japanese if you need to), I'd really aprecciate it.

I don't want to have a bad pronounciation in front of Apocalyptica, mind you, so if you could help me please, por favor, bitte, onegai.

Check out this link, if you're not afraid of sounding like a robot in front of Apocalyptica :D http://www.mikropuhe.com/demo.asp?

Actually I'd say that Spanish, German and Finnish prononciation of letters is very similar. Finnish "r" is closer to Spanish than to German, "ö" is pretty much alike in both languages, Finnish "y" is pronounced like German "ü". A noticable difference between Finnish and German is the prononciation of "a" and "ä". In Finnish those sounds sound almost the same to German ears. I'd say Finnish "a" is more like the sound in English "but" and Finnish "ä" more like the sound of English "bat".

ert said:
Kiitos! The music is giving me the creeps :ill: but I guess you have to take some pain to learn to speak a language :D
Right now it's rapping in Finnish... I think I'll stick with Eläkeläiset o_O

BloodyScalpel said:
Nieuwe onderwerpen!!!!
Wij hebben dat om verschillende dingen in deze onderwerpen te plaatsen het altijd het zelfde ding.... is
Doei...

Can some please tell me what this stuff means? :D
Can you tell me if you really thought it was Finnish? It's Dutch! ;) Well, I gave it a try aided by my native German and an online dictionary....

New submissions!!!!
We have that about different things this submission into the place that always the same thing is...
Doei [didn't find that in the dictionary]

MidnightBlueshade said:
Kiitos! The music is giving me the creeps :ill: but I guess you have to take some pain to learn to speak a language :D
Right now it's rapping in Finnish... I think I'll stick with Eläkeläiset o_O

Nice timing then :lol:

I guess you'd like the shows called heavyurpot and TYÖNIMI MÄTTÖÄ! a bit better

Check out the schedule at http://www.radiohelsinki.fi/ohjelmakartta.phtml and practice Finnish by trying to figure out what the hell the program names mean :loco: The program descriptions in Finnish are at http://www.radiohelsinki.fi/tekijat.phtml

Midnightblueshade said:
Can you tell me if you really thought it was Finnish? It's Dutch! ;) Well, I gave it a try aided by my native German and an online dictionary....

New submissions!!!!
We have that about different things this submission into the place that always the same thing is...
Doei [didn't find that in the dictionary]

Actually, I thought. I'm terrible with languages, and I can't really tell the difference between norway language, finish, swede, dutch, this kinda stuff. Thanks anyway :D

Midnightblueshade said:
Check out this link, if you're not afraid of sounding like a robot in front of Apocalyptica :D http://www.mikropuhe.com/demo.asp?

Actually I'd say that Spanish, German and Finnish prononciation of letters is very similar. Finnish "r" is closer to Spanish than to German, "ö" is pretty much alike in both languages, Finnish "y" is pronounced like German "ü". A noticable difference between Finnish and German is the prononciation of "a" and "ä". In Finnish those sounds sound almost the same to German ears. I'd say Finnish "a" is more like the sound in English "but" and Finnish "ä" more like the sound of English "bat".

Thanx a lot. Jeje I hope I won't sound like Mr. Roboto...that's why I need your help once more. How is the tone? Meaning this, is it like in Deutsch, that at the beginning of a sentence you talk low, then high in the middle, and finally low again at the end?
If not, please tell me.

Thanx

Just pointing another difference in the pronunciation of finnish and spanish: the 'c' in spanish sounds like 's' in 'save', and in finnish it has more of a 'k' sound(according to mr. robot on the site)

I found some online language courses at www.word2word.com/coursead.html. The “Tavataan taas!” course is a fairly thorough beginner’s course with Quicktime audio and there is some information on syllable division and consonant gradation that’s pretty easy to follow in the “Finnish Grammar Bits” course. There are also a lot of other language courses other than Finnish for those of you who are interested, including some lessons in French and Spanish.

tslanslate me this chorus of a catamenia's song please :)

Verikansan maa
Ylpee olla aina saan
Meidän sotilaat
Toivat meille vapaan maan
Verikansan maa
Muistamme tän ainiaan
Meidän urheat
Nauttiamme saamme...vapautta

All I know about Finnish is "Moi"
I dont know if its even right:D .

whats with finns and double letters:confused: ??????

alrighty, not sure if this was posted or not. But can i get like 3 pickup lines in finnish, like ones that wont get me killed :zombie:

haha yeah, and this thread rocks. Im of finnish decent (father and whole family moved from Finland, to Canada) so yeah, i love the country. Plan to travel there after im done with HS

anyways back to topic, finland rocks and 3 pickup lines!

Three pick-up lines, eh?
How about these:
(and I TRY to be somewhat serious=)

Käytsä täällä usein?
You come here often? (sorry, but that's a classic, and if it works, I'll... do something radical)
Voinko mä tarjota sulle jotain?
Can I offer you something? (lame, but better than the usual ridiculous lines)
Ihanat kengät!
Love your shoes! (girl thinks you're gay, and figures it'll be safe to talk to you, a sideways route to your "goal"... so to speak)

Any help?=D