All you need to know about Finnish language...

i think that finnish language is complicated like french...i'm from canada and i speak french and the people who try to learn this find this very difficult because of all the plurial (our fucking verb) and the ''feminin masculin''... like a chair is feminin and a dictionary is masculin (we say: une chaise . and : un dictionaire) it's very difficult to know what is what ..that's really unlogical for person who learn french . i think that the finnish language is a little similar whith a lots of grammatical exception and all that shit lol...

french is _so fucking easy_ compared to finnish, dude...i never had problems with learning french, but i'll never learn how to speak finnish !

Chaosia said:
@Angua:
that -lle is pretty much same thing as, let's say, -iin. Depends on the word that is. For example: Helsinkiin (to Helsinki) Keravalle (to Kerava). Also these mix up quite a bit among themselves, depending on a region you're in. And -ssa/-ssä can be translated as "in". Helsingissä (in Helsinki). That's a overly simplified explanation, don't know how you could learn all those, except for living in Finland. Never had to think about these kinda problems before, I admit=). It comes naturally to Finns. But I can see how confusing that is=D.
And why's there a problem with two p's?! I don't understand.

sounds like serbian grammar....
hah

Zicrom said:
Lisää Kaljaa.......... really important this one. I think that we should write here how to say it in our languages...

In Spanish is: "¡¡¡¡Más cerveza!!!!"

:headbang:

in serbian its "jos pivo!" ..and this is indeed important:) or "jos rakiju" =more whiskey hah.

i think balkans and finns would get along nicely :loco:

bodombeachterror said:
i think that finnish language is complicated like french...i'm from canada and i speak french and the people who try to learn this find this very difficult because of all the plurial (our fucking verb) and the ''feminin masculin''... like a chair is feminin and a dictionary is masculin (we say: une chaise . and : un dictionaire) it's very difficult to know what is what ..that's really unlogical for person who learn french . i think that the finnish language is a little similar whith a lots of grammatical exception and all that shit lol...

I think finnish is harder to learn than french..anyway who cares?

@ DragonKeeper:
How do you know (as an american) about serbian grammar? I know that finnish is related to hungarian. But the languages "split" many years ago. So I think hungarian doesn't help me anything. I think I still bother my teatcher.

Angua said:
@ DragonKeeper:
How do you know (as an american) about serbian grammar? I know that finnish is related to hungarian. But the languages "split" many years ago. So I think hungarian doesn't help me anything. I think I still bother my teatcher.

because my family is from serbia, genius....
and i speak serbian :)

what does this mean?
shirt_sign.jpg

Thanatopsis said:
what does this mean?

"Ceeppareita edessä" can be translated as "Children Of Bodom fans ahead". At least I can't imagine it meaning anything else. :cool: And below is the same in Swedish.

I recall this has been explained earlier in this thread...