All you need to know about Finnish language...

DragonKeeper said:
in serbian its "jos pivo!" ..and this is indeed important:) or "jos rakiju" =more whiskey hah.

i think balkans and finns would get along nicely :loco:

In Japanese is Motto Biru Onegai! (If you take out the onegai it's just more beer, with it it's more beer please!)

In my Spanish (Costa Rican) it's ¡Más birra!

So if you ever come here you know what to say :Spin: .

Sepulchre said:
"Ceeppareita edessä" can be translated as "Children Of Bodom fans ahead". At least I can't imagine it meaning anything else. :cool: And below is the same in Swedish.

I recall this has been explained earlier in this thread...

You trying to insult me? :D

According to www.slangi.net 'ceeppari' means 'tyhmä' or 'hullu', so could it be that the whole things means something like "idiots to the front", referring to the Reaper warning sign? Although that should probably be "ceeppareita edelleen", shouldn't it? :confused:

Child-Of-BoDoM-666 said:
how do ya say 'shut the fuck up retard' in finnish??
just something me and my friend heard on the trashed and lost in Helsinki movie thing but we culdnt understand how he said it.

If I got it right it´s :
Turpa kiini pelle ! (not quite sure how to write the last one ;))

You trying to insult me? :D

:D No pun intended.

According to www.slangi.net 'ceeppari' means 'tyhmä' or 'hullu', so could it be that the whole things means something like "idiots to the front", referring to the Reaper warning sign? Although that should probably be "ceeppareita edelleen", shouldn't it? :confused:

Ok, it could be! This hasn't even crossed my mind. I never even remotely thought it could have this meaning. :) But I really didn't check this out very thoroughly. It may have dual meaning. Well you never stop learning new...

edit: probably it is exactly like transient described it :D

SILENT(_)SCREAM said:
how many hours of sunlight do you finns get on average in the wintertime? thanks.

Just checked, it's little over 6 hours today here in central Finland. At Christmas time it's going to be less than 6 hours everywhere in Finland. And of course the arctic circle is having kaamos at least day or two. Kaamos is much longer at the North pole.

i dont remember where i got this from ... but since i got couple o finnish friends n lotta bands i like are finnish (or even swedish) i'd like someone to translate this text into finnish for me. someday i plan to learn this fascinating language. till then ... pls translate:

the blade of time pierces ma skin, it doesnt hurt as it begins, but as it makes its way right in, the pain grows stronger, so watch me grin!

Cheers,
Suicidal Insane Dreamer

metalthraxia said:
I wanna say some stuff to my girlfriend in finnish..how do you say your a hottie? or something along those terms?

You can just say "Sinä olet hotti". "Hotti" as hot. We Finnish people like to borrow a lot of words from English, you know. "Sinä olet kuuma(=hot literally in Finnish)" sounds stupid to me. Actually a Finnish girl would just laugh if you said either of those sentences to her because they just sound weird. "Sinä olet kaunis" (You're beautiful) works better.