All you need to know about Finnish language...

It's pointless learning Finnish. All the Scandinavian languages are fairly universal among Scandinavia so it's nest learning the main one whoch is Swedish plus Englishg is the national language in most parts of Finland.

bodombeachterror said:
shirt_sign.jpg

what does it mean???
i asked already and it means basically:
"Bodom fans near" in finnish and swedish
its a caution sign....

The Bringer said:
Yeah I think it means something like Caution Reaper Ahead

It kinda knocks off the reindeer signs because they have them around Lappland because reindeer are always all over the roads.

haha like our deer and the deer signs here...
heh you can tell that i live close to the woods when i start seeing caution deer signs up the road.

DragonKeeper said:
heh you can tell that i live close to the woods when i start seeing caution deer signs up the road.
youre even closer when there's no signs and the deer warn you themselves

Profanity said:
It's pointless learning Finnish. All the Scandinavian languages are fairly universal among Scandinavia so it's nest learning the main one whoch is Swedish plus Englishg is the national language in most parts of Finland.

WTF!?! No no no no no! No support for Swedish! Swedes are the Finns' arch rivals! :D

Well, even though many Finns can speak English it is not a national language. Swedish is the second national language, but personally I couldn't care less. Universal or not, it sucks.

Bodom After Breakfast said:
Hei. Kuinka aari sinulle? I think I said "Hello, how are you?"

Not quite, it doesn't really make sense. If you want to say "Hello, how are you?" in Finnish it would be more like "Hei, mitä sinulle kuuluu?". You could also say "Hei, kuinka voit?". The first phrase is more common.

ok, this was probably covered somewhere earlier in this thread... but there is 37 fucking pages. don't even tell me to search. (yes, I understand the comedy of the next person telling me to search) can someone give me like.. a pronunciation chart? I'm not familiar with finnish, but is it like a latin language where every letter has one sole pronunciation or no?

Profanity said:

What the goddamn fudge!!!
Swedish is hard for danes to understand but easy for norwegians. Danish is hard for swedes to understand but eas(ier) for norwegians because danish is fucked up. Norwegian = win

Shawn333 said:
ok, this was probably covered somewhere earlier in this thread... but there is 37 fucking pages. don't even tell me to search. (yes, I understand the comedy of the next person telling me to search) can someone give me like.. a pronunciation chart? I'm not familiar with finnish, but is it like a latin language where every letter has one sole pronunciation or no?
You pronounce finnish the way it's written