All you need to know about Finnish language...

Hey if anyone has any good finnish drinking games or anything of the sort lemme know some.

And thanks for the reply :kickass:

finnish is extremely hard because it's based on like...no other language in the world. like english, english is based on every single language almost. yeah.

follow_the_reaper said:
finnish is extremely hard because it's based on like...no other language in the world. like english, english is based on every single language almost. yeah.
english is a derivitive of Latin.

Actually english is a derivative of proto germanic, with latin influence on the lexycon.

Don't insult my language saying it's got the same origin as english kthx :p

And finnish is difficult not because it's different(well that too) but mostly because it works in a crooked way for us western folks(japanese is very different but not as crooked, for example). this includes word order, declension etc. Not that I care though, I'm not moving to finland....like, ever.

btw

I demand transcription & translation :lol:

http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf

Mario86 said:
What is SUOMI?
and how do I say "Hello/Good-bye" in finnish?

Thanks! :D

Suomi = Finland.

It can also refer to the finnish language ("suomenkieli").

Opiskelen suomea nyt. Musta se on vaikea, koska täällä ei ole kukaan, joka puhuu sitä. Mutta mulla on taas suomalainen tyttöystävä, niin toivosti se tulee vähän helpompi! :D

Miten sanoo "I guess" or "I suppose" suomeksi? Sanoisiko "mitä kai"? Tiesin, mutta unohdin...

Feel free to correct me...

+1... and this thread will be alive... as long i'm...

cept if someone delete it

follow_the_reaper said:

English is based off of very old dead language called Germanic... and every language is based off of that... english is not based off of every other language.

So do finnish children all learn english from the time they just begin school? Is it a required class or something?

DontHaveAReason said:
English is based off of very old dead language called Germanic... and every language is based off of that... english is not based off of every other language.

So do finnish children all learn english from the time they just begin school? Is it a required class or something?
Pffftttt not even close to every language is based off proto germanic, just stuff like german(duh), english and norse. Shut yer hole.