All you need to know about Finnish language...

would any Finn know what kind of alphabet did the Saami people used to write? (in the Inari, skolt, etc...), before it was adopted the Latin alphabet

kiitos :)

I have always thought that written Sami language was first created by Norwegian/Swedish missionaries and priests and it has always been
written with latin alphabets. So there were no written Sami before that. But honestly I don't know that is just what I remember from school :p

I love this thread! I've been trying to learn Finnish for 2 years cause I want to go there for a year when I graduate.. It's such a beautiful language :)

I was wondering; what is the right word to say 'farewell' in Finnish? Google told me 'jäähyväiset' but I don't trust google 100% when it comes to languages, so.. :) If anyone could tell me, it'd be great.

And I've got another question though it's actually not about the Finnish language so I'm not sure if I should ask it here but I couldn't find a better place - can someone tell me the average cigarette price in Finland?