All you need to know about Finnish language...

Haha, suddenly this thread turned from learning Finnish to which country to move from Brazil.
Not gonna be all "Finland is the best country in the world". I like it, life's good here. Not for everyone, of course. I guess the most difficult thing is the language. Of course if you speak English you'll do fine, but Finnish is often required for a job.
What comes to Canada, it would be probably on my list if I wanted to move out from Finland.

My aunt is 51 and she's divorced. When she meets a guy, and they like each other etc. they go out with each other and call each other their bf/gf. Marriage is a religious institution, religion is stupid, hence my marriage is stupid. Not to insult you, but if you're almost thirty, and you're in such a short relationship, calling each other husband and wife is something reminiscent of my time in middle school and high school. Not something I'd expect from two mature adults. SHOULDA PUT A RING ON IT if he likes you so much. But still, marriage is dumb and I believe two individuals who get along together great and have an exceptional amount of love for one another can live together forever, have children, raise them, and retire respectively without holy matrimony bullshit. It's working for Gene Simmons.

yeah when you're going out with someone I think you can call him your bf/gf, but as long as you live with someone and share your bills, it's marriage for me. I think it would be silly to call him my boyfriend since we live together and we go through everything together.
I don't see marriage as a religious thing, and I also don't see what a ring has to do with all of this...

Yea seriously; when I lived on my own, I had 2 different girlfriends live with me for a year each, one after another. We did everything and we chipped in to the rent, internet, gas etc. They ended up getting fat and lazy so I kicked them out. See this:
sBaVcrBRCegv871mHLw9JsZzo1_400.jpg

I never felt "divorced", if anything I felt liberated.

Well I guess if you prefer using the word 'husband', I can't stop you. Wives usually have rings???

my mother only started to use a wedding ring when I was 14 or 15... And at that time she was married with my father for 19 or 20 years, actually married, with papers and stuff. She told me they used rings in the very first years of marriage, but then my father lost his and they just didn't mind to get another pair. Many years later they decided to get another pair of rings to avoid awkward situations and having to explain all the time why they didn't have rings...

But I really don't see the wedding ring as something important at all... most people do, but I guess it has something to do with the fact that I wasn't used to see a ring in my mother's finger.

Is Canada really the way Michel Moore shows it in Bowling for Columbine?

Canada is a country the size of almost all of Europe. It can't be generalized like that.

Didn't he show Windsor Ontario (accross from Detroit)? Becuase that city is nothing but industrial workers and famland, of course the crime is low there. THe only crime in that city are people from Detroit.

Toronto has its rough spots but its generally pretty clean. My city is FULL of crackheads and degenerates. The downtown core is filthy, and full of the same low-life fucks in their late 20s, early 30s, who just haaaaannng out all day.

West coast is very hippy culture, Not-as-west is very conservative, Then there are French Canadian preservationists, happy drunk sailors in the east...ect.

I do think its fucked up, America could actually beat Canada in legalizing weed in some states :(

but this new fact about norther lights in Canada... it changes everything.

You judge a country by Northern Lights?

:rolleyes:

Do you know there are also Southern Lights?

AURORA-AUSTRALIS.jpg

AURORA-AUSTRALIS.jpg

Aurora Australis as seen from space and from the ground taken in 2005 at the Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station.

s

Only from stupid places in South America.

Read: places inhabited only by penguins and ultraviolet-mutated abominations (hole in the ozone layer and all that jazz).