Allentown pwns the tour!

Dave Long

New Metal Member
Jan 11, 2006
Reading, PA
www.gamerdad.com
I'll be ultra-surprised if any show tops the one from last night. The place was PACKED from back to front and left to right. I talked to a number of folks who hadn't seen the band for ten years or more. The Reunion has definitely brought people back.

I'm pretty sure I was the only guy in the place with a Greater of Two Evils shirt on since like 10 people saw the band on that tour with Dio. So if you saw a long-haired dude with a beard in that shirt, that was me.

Setlist...because it's the first thing I look for in these threads...

Among The Living
Metal Thrashing Mad
Got The Time
Caught In A Mosh
AIR
Madhouse
Skeleton In The Closet
Antisocial
N.F.L.
Medusa
Indians

Encores
Be All, End All
I'm The Man
Aftershock
I Am The Law

Pretty much in that order IIRC. I don't think I'm missing anything, but if I am, I'm sure someone will be along to correct me.

It was fuckall hard to see at times, but man, I didn't care. The sound was washing over me like a tidal wave crashing into pliable rock. Horns were raised countless times. The band was absolutely on all night, even when Mr. Wu went for the downstroke and had no power to his axe. :Spin:

Thanks for a great show, both fans and band. Can't wait to do it all again sometime soon.

I was there also and it rocked. The crowd was awesome and full of energy - just like the band. I think I remember seeing your shirt - I had on my UMF Anthrax shirt. Just a killer show. Now its time for the midwest to step up to the plate. Baltimore, NY, Hartford and Allentown were all great shows lets hope it continues.

There were some people in the crowd who I could have done without, but, that is every show. All in all a great show - I thought it Blew The Alive 2 show out of the water (I was there for that one, I'm not just comparing last night to a DVD).

My mane kuddo's;
-They played Skeletons and Aftershock
-Even when they lost power, at the worst time, everyone was still pumped and happy
-Scott took a stab at Tom from Slayer
-Danny kept his shirt on

My main complaints;
-The asshole in front of me... If you can't take the fucking heat stay out of the kitchen. I am not the one pushing - there are 1500 people behind me pushing, asshole.
-Crowd Surfers. I can't remember the last time I went to a concert and didn't get kicked in the head.
-That "Krank" shit hurt my kidneys and I swear my piss was sooo bright it was practically glowing.
-I need more POT in my set!

God Forbid kicked ass I thought. I have not seen a brother play like that in a while. Or drum like that, or sing like that. Hooray for Black Metal (pun most definatley intended)! I didn't care much for mantis or Sworn Enemy though.

One of the last things Scott said was "We are gonna have a new album, and it is going to be the heaviest, most brutal record we have ever done."
GREAT, that is swell, but they have a lot to live up to..... think about it;

The last album they did with Joey, POT, was a fucking masterpiece. I think it is the best Joey record, ATL in a very very close second. WCFYA was the last record they did with Bush, I also think that is the best Bush record, SOWN in a very very close second. SSSoooooo they better have something really special planned for this next one!:) I have faith though, both singers kick so much ass you really can't make a wrong desicion. I just thought it was a little weird to start mentioning a new record when you have not even decided who your singer is yet. Time will tell.

Excellent show last night.

It wasn't a stab at Tom, I was imitating my favorite thrash singer. He has the best between song raps ever. The show was insane. It's the first time we ever sold that place out. Thank you so much. PA kicked ass!!!!!!!

Mr. Wu said:
It wasn't a stab at Tom, I was imitating my favorite thrash singer. He has the best between song raps ever. The show was insane. It's the first time we ever sold that place out. Thank you so much. PA kicked ass!!!!!!!

Thank you! I had a great time! :D Not sure if you remember some black kid with a mohawk, but I had a great time! I hope to see you next time around, maybe even in Philly. ;)

Mr. Wu said:

"This next song is a love song. About older women. The kind you find six feet under." - Tom, introducing "Necrophiliac"

Yeah that show was great. My neck is sore as hell, my ears are still ringin and i'm pretty sure there's a size 12 foot shaped bruise on my ribs. I can't wait to catch the next one. Me and my lil bro got to be front and center the whole show. I'll post some pics of Scott later.

...we need a Clash of the Titans II.

Mr. Wu said:

I know, I know. I still thought it was funny as hell. Great Job though, for real, second best Anthrax show I have ever seen. A very close second too! I'm all about close seconds today for some reason.

Best Tom segway I have ever heard;

"It does'nt matter where you are! If you are on the floor! Or if you are up in the balcony! It does'nt matter! Because we all LIVE - IN CHEMICAL - WARFARE!" bwahahahaha

Mr. Wu said:

:lol: ... Araya does have some hilariously cheesy raps ... however in my 20 years of concert going by far the best and most memorable raps were from Nathan of Vehemence ... the guy BS'es like Kevin Smith and even slightly looks like him.

Great band BTW, too bad they folded this past year ...

Here's a few pics...not all that great quality as it was a camera phone and the guards didn't look to thrilled about us pointing a hand held device at the band during a show (go figure). Once again we can thank that one @&$hole from ohio ...anyway here's some shots that come nowhere near capturing the vibe of last night's show.

anthraxbundy6ir.jpg

hehe...miss that show.

anthrax3110059zw.jpg

Scott jammin:

anthrax2110056qy.jpg

Joey ...i think.

anthrax5110056bh.jpg

Charlie...actually that might be the sound guy...

...these pics blow meat pipe but the show fuckin rocked regardless.

:kickass: